Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Living the dream  (Read 5960 times)
K5TED

Ignore
« on: January 07, 2014, 07:00:09 PM »

http://stationproject.wordpress.com/

AB1OC & AB1QB Station building blog. A site to behold.
K2GWK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 07:22:01 PM »

I sure wish my back your was large enough to install a tower like that.

Guy
Lawn Guyland, New York

K2GWK Website
VE3OYJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 11:16:19 AM »

Beautiful...
LA1BRA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 07:30:51 PM »

I think they have done a very good job with the presentation and the station engineering..The key word is here is preparation, proper planning in your station layout and grounding/coax routing/shielding/etc, is of the up-most importance. Engineering does comprise of documenting what you plan to do and what you have done (ie photos), that way you can always review what you did and why.

While my station in Texas is not SO2R, I did leave room and power just in case. I made electrical drawings, coax layout drawings, equipment layouts, and a lot of those were done after the fact too, but they were reviewed to be sure there were not any conflicts.

None of this happens overnight, it has taken 6 years from the day I started to have what I can call a pretty good station setup. Sure, I made some short cuts, but I was on the air, but these shortcuts were acceptable for the short duration while the rest of the shack was being built, but that is a whole another story with photos showing day 1 with a dipole to the 5 towers there now with a substantial ground system.

Time, planning, patience, (and a few hamfest's) and your station will be your gateway..

Good DX from LA1BRA  XE3/KB5VWZ tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: