Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Happy Flexer  (Read 2691 times)
K5TED

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2014, 11:58:25 AM »

One of the tables at the San Antonio Radio Fiesta 2014 today had a 1500, 3000 and 5000 for sale. I asked him if he was getting out of the Flex business. "Heck no", he said. "I've had a Flex since they first came out with the 1000, now I have a 6700, and it's the only radio I need".

There were lots of lookers, and lots of questions. I didn't stay long enough to see if they sold.
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 12:43:03 PM »

What?  You didn't lecture him on how terrible their radios are, and how miserable his operating experience must be?  Wink
SM4PEL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 02:32:05 PM »

Sometimes I wonder how some people function ?
Sure it's fine with constructive criticism , but I can only say after follow this forum that I find lot of bitterness or ( I will show how damn good I am in this area )
Me myself i have been the owner of a Flex-5000 for two years.
I've been a very satisfied customer. Certainly, there are things that can be developed
Just as Icom Kenwood Yaesu etc. ..
I have now sold my Flex to try something new. I have ordered a new SDR, but not from Flex.
When I read about the bitterness towards Flex Radio here on the forum , I think of what my old grandpa said to me many years ago . He was a wise man born in 1914.
He said to me ..
-My son , you will meet people who carry bitterness , the older they are the more bitterness you will notice ! Old people with bitterness , you can not do anything about , you can only help them be a little lucky at the end of there life by listening to them!
They will bring their bitterness to the grave !
That said , my grandfather was a wise man !
I wonder why I think of my grandfather when I write my first post on this forum :-)
If you feel bitterness and hatred, take a look at your driver's license, you might start to get old.
None mentioned, none forgotten;-)
Now I keep my fingers crossed that I will be satisfied with my Anan 100D...
Whish you a happy new year!!!
Peace...
SM4PEL  //  Peter
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 03:08:32 PM by SM4PEL » Logged
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 03:51:39 PM »

Very well said, Peter!
AF4RK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 09:48:54 AM »

I sold my 1500. It does not work on CW. Aside from delay issues, it puts out a huge spike on CW when switching to transmit that was destroying my linear.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: