Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CQ Magazine  (Read 12243 times)
K2TTM

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 06:14:57 AM »

What can I say? For me and quite a few others the biggest loss would be their contests.  They have the best & fastest online reporting of the results and they also have links available so you can print out your own certificates.  I just received my certificate for the 2012 Ten Meter contest from the ARRL last week.  The ARRL could learn something from them about how to handle the afterwork when it comes to their contests.

Mike
K2TTM

99.9% of the time I'm on the air, I'll be on CW.
N2NL

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 09:01:45 PM »

What can I say? For me and quite a few others the biggest loss would be their contests.  They have the best & fastest online reporting of the results and they also have links available so you can print out your own certificates.  I just received my certificate for the 2012 Ten Meter contest from the ARRL last week.  The ARRL could learn something from them about how to handle the afterwork when it comes to their contests.

Mike
K2TTM

Mike,

I think the CQ contests will remain in good hands regardless.  The contests are managed (and certificate mailing/postage) by volunteers.  See http://wwrof.org/

ARRL historically has been excellent in quick turn-around of certificates.  The recent breakdown was due to some issues in their radiosport section - which are being addressed quickly.  I would expect them to get caught up and back to normal soon.

73, Dave KH2/N2NL
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 11:40:06 PM »

I signed up for the digital edition and I don't have any problems. I also get the digital QST. The Feb CQ was a QRP issue which I enjoyed.
I know many people would rather have the print edition. I'm sure they will get it worked out through this consolidation. I always liked a print mag or a actual book, but at some point it gets time to move forward....I guess. The digital editions work fine for me and I don't (or won't) have a ton of old mags laying around.
AF5CC

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2014, 08:39:42 PM »

I do like the WPX contests as it is an everyone work everyone contest with lots of multipliers. I would hate to see it go away.  I also think the CQWW RTTY contest is interesting where you can get a triple multiplier for 1 QSO.

John AF5CC
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: