Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DigiKeyerII & JT65HF  (Read 8132 times)
KC2NYU

Ignore
« on: November 10, 2013, 09:49:56 AM »

Looking for someone who is successfully running JT65HF v1.9.0.3 with the microHam DigiKeyerII. I am trying to get this combo to work with my K3. Currently as soon as I start the JT65HF program, the DKII PTT comes on and stays on. The K3 also shows a red Tx light but no ALC bars. I have tried  the JT65 Google group but no one has an answer. I have the DKII /K3 working fine in DM780/PSK31 and WSPR. All my Windows 7 Sound settings are in accordance with the DKII manual.

73 - Joe - W6CQZ
K3DCW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 10:04:49 AM »

Looking for someone who is successfully running JT65HF v1.9.0.3 with the microHam DigiKeyerII. I am trying to get this combo to work with my K3. Currently as soon as I start the JT65HF program, the DKII PTT comes on and stays on. The K3 also shows a red Tx light but no ALC bars. I have tried  the JT65 Google group but no one has an answer. I have the DKII /K3 working fine in DM780/PSK31 and WSPR. All my Windows 7 Sound settings are in accordance with the DKII manual.

73 - Joe - W6CQZ

I've run this setup in the past.  Try turning off "Soundcard PTT" in the uRouter software (under the PTT tab).  JT65-HF "activates" the soundcard when it starts and won't let go until it shuts down.  The uRouter software thinks that the software is actually sending audio on the soundcard when it detects this soundcard activity, so it keys the PTT.

The long term easy solution is to move from JT65HF to WSJT-X. WSJT-X has all of the great features of JT65HF, adds another FANTASTIC mode (JT9....2dB more sensitive at 10% of the bandwidth), and is in active development. 

Dave
K3DCW

Hamming it up on OS X!
www.machamradio.com
KC2NYU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 11:42:25 AM »

-- My original post is signed Joe W6CQZ-- I am Paul kc2nyu- I had been corresponding with Joe and must have had remnants of that conversation on my clipboard- I apologize to Joe for using his name  Angry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dave - thanks for the reply  I will try it.

73 Paul Kc2nyu
KC2NYU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 01:20:21 PM »

From  Dave - K3DCWTry turning off "Soundcard PTT" in the uRouter software (under the PTT tab).  JT65-HF "activates" the soundcard when it starts and won't let go until it shuts down.  The uRouter software thinks that the software is actually sending audio on the soundcard when it detects this soundcard activity, so it keys the PTT.

Well turning off the Soundcard PTT on the PTT tab solved that issue and now JT65HF receives just fine, but when it comes time to Tx, not so fine. The program goes to TX,  but the DKII PTT does not get activated, not does the K3 goes to TX.

-- The long term easy solution is to move from JT65HF to WSJT-X.

Using the DKII with the K3 and WSJT-X v1.2  r 3563, I am not having any issues, but would like to figure out why I can't make the JT 65 HF program work.

73 Paul
kc2nyu
K3DCW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 04:57:47 PM »

Well turning off the Soundcard PTT on the PTT tab solved that issue and now JT65HF receives just fine, but when it comes time to Tx, not so fine. The program goes to TX,  but the DKII PTT does not get activated, not does the K3 goes to TX.
73 Paul
kc2nyu

What are you using for PTT control in JT65-HF?  HRD? Commander? Just a PTT port?

Dave
K3DCW

Hamming it up on OS X!
www.machamradio.com
KC2NYU

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 05:09:50 PM »

Using HRD for PTT control. IN DKII the pre-set for JT65HF are the same com port for CAT and PTT and on the PTT tab have Sound Card PTT block unchecked.

73 Paul
kc2nyu
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: