Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KISS trouble : MFJ-1270C and PK-232/MBX  (Read 884 times)
WN5T

Ignore
« on: October 05, 2005, 10:56:34 PM »

I have been trying to set up Paclink/Telpac/AGW Pro/AGWPE for doing WL2K on VHF and have run into a couple of problems...

1. MFJ-1270C: Manual says KISS ON and RESTART are commands to enter KISS mode. Manual also states that the firmware installed will do KISS.  When I enter the command KISS ON, I get ?EH which is an error code for "command not recognized." HELP!  The AGWPE group on Yahoo says use TAPR TNC2 setting with default commands as listed above...but mine isn't complying. Arrgghh. Believe it or not, this one is new from a friend's ham store...it's just been on the shelf a while.

2. PK-232/MBX: Can't find command set to get into KISS mode in manual.

BTW, I can use a terminal set for 9600 baud and play to my heart's content.  It's just getting into KISS mode that's giving me fits.
73 es tnx,
Michael
WN5T
WN5T

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 07:25:18 PM »

Question number one was answered by MFJ...  My firmware is Release 2.2, the newer firmware, which does not support KISS.   A fix is on the way.
AB0WR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 02:51:02 PM »

For the pk232 try KISS ON, KISS YES, or KISS $01.

One of them should work.

tim ab0wr
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 06:40:15 AM »

For PK232/MBX, those are the commands listed in my manual as well, but I can't get them to work either.  Mine has the upgrade which takes the Hex codes. When I enter them, it locks up the box, and I can't get control back until I do a hard reset.  Arrg.

Bill.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: