Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: El Paso Rental Properties  (Read 6448 times)
KK4REY

Ignore
« on: May 31, 2014, 04:58:29 PM »

So, work decided that I am moving again, and to El Paso.  Given how long I will be there(2-3 yrs max), buying a home is not a very good option.  Any hams in the area with rental properties?  Know of any ham-friendly landlords? Looking for 2-3BR, and the ability to put up some modest antennas(2 J-Poles and a 40M wire dipole at max).  Obviously rent/references/all that fun stuff are something to discuss later, but just looking for a place where I wont have to severely restrict my operating for 2-3 years.

--------
KK4REY
WB8LBZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 08:49:47 AM »

Welcome to El Paso. Check elpasohamradio.com and pose your questions there. There are three active radio clubs and some type of hamradio activity just about every day of the week. There are repeaters on 2, 220 and 440 some linked and some independant.

73, Larry Springsteen
WB8LBZ
Station Trustee of K5WPH
k5wph.org
KD5FOY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 06:52:08 AM »

use this url http://www.hamradioelpaso.com/
KD4LLA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 08:24:07 PM »

Landed at the El Paso Airport a number of years ago.  Wanting to show my friends how a ham HT worked, I found an active freq on 2 mtr and keyed up.  Ended up speaking to a gentleman in Phoenix, AZ!  My friends were impressed...

Also spent considerable time in the Ft Bliss/ El Paso area.  Theivery used to be an issue...

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: