Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icom IC-V85 Problem  (Read 2641 times)
AC0JX

Ignore
« on: February 11, 2014, 02:40:24 PM »

I have had an Icom IC-V85 for about 6 years, very little use.  Replaced the battery about 1 year ago, charges fine using Icom charger.  Today when I went to transmit I got a loud sustianed beep from the radio which persisted after I stopped pressing the transmit button, and then the radio turned itself off.  I did a full reset, still the same issue.  Reduced the transmit power to low, and it would appear to transmit without the beep and auto-off.  So, I though an antenna problem with a high reflected power perhaps.  I then tried the weather channels to see if reception was an issue.  During the weather channel tuning the beep started and auto-off.  Now when I turn it on it beeps for about 5 seconds and turns off.  I have tried reset, removed the battery for several minutes, no solution.

Any ideas or someone with a similar experience?

Thanks,
AC0JX
K6LCS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 09:54:51 PM »

That is the symptom of a failing battery ... and it sounds like the replacement battery you purchased was not a very good one - or a
defective one. Is it still under warranty, perhaps?

BatteriesAmerica.com is having a sale (ten bucks off) on a good pack for your rig ...

http://www.batteriesamerica.com/icom1.htm

Clint K6LCS

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
http://www.work-sat.com
AC0JX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 05:42:30 PM »

Thanks! After recharge it has worked well for over a week. It must not have been snug in the charger.

AC0JX
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: