Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote base question...  (Read 1499 times)
KT0DD

Ignore
« on: February 15, 2014, 05:37:38 AM »

Hello, due to my living situation, I am considering a remote base via internet station. I have limited experience with these on RemoteHams.com

My remote hams client shows the internet connection speed, and over time, I notice the connection speed slowing down and I have to refresh it from time to time.

If I were to set up my own private internet remote base over a high speed cable network, what is the best interface system to use to keep my speed up and minimize glitches?

Thanks for any help.

Todd - KT0DD
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 07:22:54 AM »

Most ISPs limit upload speeds on residential service. I notice when uploading large files that they always start out fast and then get slower and slower as time goes on. I expect the upload streaming going to your remote base is the same. If you are using cable, you might contact your ISP to see if you can purchase an upgraded service or perhaps a commercial service that will permit you to maintain high upload speeds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: