Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Passed Extra!  (Read 3613 times)
NZ9C

Ignore
« on: February 15, 2014, 09:50:27 PM »

I took the Technician last April. After realizing there's a ham shack where I now work, I took and passed the General, in September, so I could operate that station. I finally took the Extra last Sunday and passed. Now I'm waiting on the FCC is update the database and I'm after a vanity callsign.
KD8TUT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 10:23:34 PM »

Congratulations!!

No more tests... now te learning you do, is the learning for your own interests! It's a good feeling.
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 04:17:26 AM »

After realizing there's a ham shack where I now work, I took and passed the General, in September, so I could operate that station.

You know that you can't use the station while you are officially "on the clock" since Part 97 says that you can't be paid to operate an amateur radio station (unless you are a teacher) or operate it on behalf of your employer.
NZ9C

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 10:10:20 AM »

After realizing there's a ham shack where I now work, I took and passed the General, in September, so I could operate that station.

You know that you can't use the station while you are officially "on the clock" since Part 97 says that you can't be paid to operate an amateur radio station (unless you are a teacher) or operate it on behalf of your employer.

We're in full compliance with Part 97. The station is a university club station. I am not paid to operate the station, I'm a professor there.
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 11:04:58 AM »

We're in full compliance with Part 97. The station is a university club station. I am not paid to operate the station, I'm a professor there.

Northwestern?
NZ9C

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 11:34:29 AM »

Northwestern?

Yep. Go Cats!
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 03:33:07 AM »

Northwestern?

Yep. Go Cats!

Our middle daughter got her MS there. I think I paid your salary for a couple of years!
NZ9C

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 03:18:06 PM »

Actually I just started at NU in August. I was teaching at the Coast Guard Academy when I passed Technician (thus the 1 call sign).
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 06:01:22 PM »

ZVX:  Congratulations on getting the Extra ticket.  Now you can move around the bands without consulting a allocation chart!   Grin

I also hope you continue to study electronics.  It should have become obvious by now that the FCC tests are not an indicator of what you know but an indicator of what you DON'T know! 

Enjoy!!

NZ9C

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 08:50:47 PM »

My upgrade is now showing in ULS!
KD8UXE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 08:05:16 AM »

Great.Good job

retired United States Army Signal Corps 25c
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print