The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wouxun KG-UV6D  (Read 5220 times)
AE7VA

Ignore
« on: February 16, 2014, 07:09:37 PM »

I'm looking at a Wouxun KG-UV6D primarily because it is a dual band radio.  

What interests me is the dual display where you can see VFO A and B at the same time.

My Icom 2720 is a dual bander and both bands are active at the same time; meaning that you can hear both frequencies, when active, through the same speaker at the same time.  This allows me to have a conversation on a ham repeater in VFO A and at the same time in VFO B still hear the highway patrol's radio traffic on their 460 MHz frequency when mobile.  I'm guessing that the audio for both VFOs must be out of phase so that they don't mix in the single external speaker.  

The Wouxun has something called dual standby.  Before I buy, I want to know what this is and I can't find any specifics about it online.  The manual I found doesn't really explain it.  So, to those who own a Wouxun, will this Wouxun do what my Icom 2720 does?  Is VFO A and VFO B both active at the same time or is dual standby another way to say it is scanning between the two.

Thanks in advance.
K6LCS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 07:53:32 PM »

If you purchase your Wouxun from Powerwerx.com in Southern CA, you will have the best-available models.

None of their units - as of today (grin) - have true dual receive. The little Puxing UV973 I am selling is the only
HT on the market less than $250 that has true dual receive (as well as crossband repeating).

Dual-watch on many HTs is a function that you set up that makes the radio "scan" the sub-band for activity.
If if finds any, squelch opens and you hear it. Otherwise, it just stays on your primary frequency.

Clint K6LCS

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
http://www.work-sat.com
AE7VA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 07:58:51 PM »

Thanks for the info Clint.

73s
Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: