Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for mounting ideas  (Read 2299 times)
KG4ULY

Ignore
« on: March 01, 2014, 12:33:13 PM »

I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata that I am mounting an Anytone radio my plan is to remote mount the head of the radio with the body being in the trunk just not sure how to mount the head. I have considered using the seat bolt mount or an a/c vent mount as I want to drill as few holes as possible. Any ideas.
M6GOM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 05:34:32 PM »

Brodit Proclip mounts. Whilst they're for mobile phones they are great for radios with remote heads. Custom made for each car, no holes drilled. Get the one for your car that is for the position you want the head and screw the mounting plate for the head to it. They'll hold a Kenwood TS480 head so they'll hold yours.

http://www.brodit.com/productList.html?lrhandDrive=lhd&brand=Hyundai&model=Sonata&year=2011&pn=prod

In the following links scroll down to last picture to see what it looks like installed in each position.

Next to steering wheel...
http://www.brodit.com/product.html?id=854671&pn=prod&brand=Hyundai&model=Sonata&year=2011

Left of center console...
http://www.brodit.com/product.html?id=854503&pn=prod&brand=Hyundai&model=Sonata&year=2011

Windscreen pillar on drivers side.
http://www.brodit.com/product.html?id=804504&pn=prod&brand=Hyundai&model=Sonata&year=2011
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 05:17:39 AM »

If the vehicle has a split front seat--or even bucket seats--you could fabricate a mount that could be attached to or slid into the crack between the seats.  In my Mercury, I built a wooden mount that did just that, between 45/55 seats, that held my Icom V8000 and a small scanner.  There was just enough room for the drink tray to open fully when I had the seat adjusted to my comfort.

That mount held the two radios solidly, and as a added plus could be removed quickly by disconnecting one power lead and two co-ax connectors and unhooking a bungee cord that kept it from sliding forward.

I'd put up a picture, but as I lost the car to an accident lately, I can't.  73!
K6CPO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 11:14:17 AM »

Where ever you decide to mount the control hear, just make sure it isn't on top of the air bag.  If it were mounted on the air bag it could become a deadly missile in the event of a deployment...
W9WQA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 06:01:33 PM »

I have my complete icom 7000 mounted in my hummer3 with brackets bolted with the seat bolts, pass side. it is positioned over the shifter,tilted and angled for ez viewing and my right hand rests on in a natural way!. a for/aft support goes forward to a point just under the dash on the right /pass side.
its very solid and made from 1/4 inx 1 inch bar stock i had avail or you can buy at ace/lowes.
it takes some thinking and tweaking/file tuning with 2 pipe wrenches but its not to hard to do if you can drill holes and bolt it with 1/4 20 hdwe. uses the 2 front pass seat bolts and a forward support.
yes the pass seat is useable!
i ran heavy +/- cables from batt terminals thru dash to the bracket and fashioned some power conn below the rig for it and others like my 4 band yaesu that is small enuf to hide in back with the control hear overhead just above my eyes. so im good on all bands,160 thro 450!!  oops, got to  use the thf6 ht for 220!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: