Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood 590S VS K3 VS KX3 VS Eagle  (Read 11188 times)
K2GWK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 09:13:21 AM »

Hi ZENKI,
take a look at the PT8000 -could be the right one for you!!!

Markus

Sure, if he wants to rob a bank to afford one.

Guy
Lawn Guyland, New York

K2GWK Website
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 10:15:23 AM »

Which of these four is the "best".

I've used three of them, the TS-590, the K3, and the Eagle, in demanding contest conditions at a variety of different stations. They are all fine radios.

I own and prefer the Eagle. I have 50000+ QSO's on mine in the past two years, including many scores in top-ten boxes in major CW and RTTY contests.

My preference for the Eagle is for simple ergonomics and receive audio quality under extended use.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 10:19:00 AM by N3QE » Logged
ZENKI

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 04:38:19 PM »

The Eagle also has an impressive noise blanker.

Ten Tec could have a real hit on its hands if it used the Eagle architecture in a radio  suitable  more for home use. The Eagle in an Orion Box without the bandscope and the facility to use an external pan adapter would be a popular radio and be more attractive to the majority of operators who like big radios with knobs. Even a Eagle in a  radio like the Omni 6 plus style box would be popular. Ten Tec always seems to release radios that are rough diamonds lately. If like performance and dont mind a dull looking diamond  they make great radios. The  point is that their products have so much more potential I dont know why they dont  exploit this potential rather than squandering it. The Omni 7 was another radio that had a lot of potential if TenTec invested some more time in its features and design. Considering the excellent performance of the receiver it could have been just as popular as the PRO radios if it had  a decent TFT screen  with better graphics. The Eagle could be spun into a Omni 7 style box as well with an external pan adapter. Ten Tec products have potential  it just appears that they squander all their engineering effort by not  making their products feature rich and more appealing.

I do agree that Eagles receiver is very pleasant to listen too for long periods of time.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: