Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amateur Radio Parity Act of 2014  (Read 7042 times)
BOOTYMONSTER

Ignore
« on: July 20, 2014, 11:58:45 PM »

I just signed the petition "U.S. House of Representatives: Co-sponsor HR.4969, the “Amateur Radio Parity Act of 2014”" on Change.org.

It's important. Will you sign it too? Here's the link:

http://www.change.org/petitions/u-s-house-of-representatives-co-sponsor-hr-4969-the-amateur-radio-parity-act-of-2014?recruiter=130325705&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

" ..... HR.4969 would require the FCC, within 120 days of the Bill’s passage, to amend the Part 97 Amateur Service rules to apply PRB-1 coverage to include homeowners’ association regulations and deed restrictions, often referred to as “covenants, conditions, and restrictions” (CC&Rs).  PRB-1 states that local governments cannot preclude Amateur Radio communications; they must “reasonably accommodate” amateur operations, and the state and local regulations must be the minimum practicable regulation to accomplish a legitimate governmental interest.

Presently, PRB-1 only applies to state and local zoning laws and ordinances.  Since PRB-1 was enacted, the FCC has said several times that it would prefer to have some guidance from Congress before extending the policy to private land-use regulations.  HR.4969 will provide that guidance, and give PRB-1 the force of Federal law. 

Radio amateurs, while providing a valuable and necessary service to their communities, are frequently and increasingly precluded from installing necessary equipment (antennas, coax, etc) by unreasonable private land-use restrictions, including restrictive CC&R covenants.  The net effect of HR.4969 passage will be to suppress those unreasonable restrictions and allow licensed amateurs to install reasonable equipment for practicing our hobby and having the means to serve our communities.  ...... "

N0SYA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 08:17:22 AM »

Anything to allow my Moonraker iv and antron99 to be erected!

If you have a clumsy child, you make them wear a helmet. If you have death prone children, you keep a few clones of them in your lab.
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 10:28:56 AM »

I want a 30 dB rotatable array @ 150' for 144 MHz tropo!  Grin

AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 10:45:10 AM »

I signed it too, and contributed a few $$ to help them get the word out. Thanks for pointing it out.

N0SYA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 06:18:30 AM »

I want a 30 dB rotatable array @ 150' for 144 MHz tropo!  Grin

Why limit yourself?
Go for the gusto!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/40/Erdfunkstelle_Raisting_2.jpg

If you have a clumsy child, you make them wear a helmet. If you have death prone children, you keep a few clones of them in your lab.
K6CPO

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 01:27:04 PM »

Why is this in the "Licensing" forum?  

It's already been discussed at length in the Antenna Restrictions board and, in any event, it has nothing to do with licensing...
AF5CC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 08:53:57 PM »

I would like to see a law passed that outlawed all HOAs and CCRs.  Will never happen, though.

John AF5CC
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 12:35:08 PM »

I would like to see a law passed that outlawed all HOAs and CCRs.  Will never happen, though.

John AF5CC
The solution to this is simple:

Don't buy property in a restricted area.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 05:57:03 AM »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I think this is a good bill, but only to allow antennas to allow practical communications--BUT NOT TO ALLOW AMATEURS TO PUT UP ANY ANTENNA AND TOWER THEY WANT TO!  Antenna installations that are unobtrusive and or hidden from casual view should be allowed, no matter where the amateur lives, likewise allowance to transmit RF. 

Forcing people living next to an amateur to submit to having towers or large, invasive antenna installations in their neighborhood, however is not OK--especially when the amateur KNEW what that restrictions existed when they moved into that neighborhood.
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 07:30:05 AM »

The bill proposes to apply the existing PRB-1 to CC&Rs and HOAs. PRB-1 doesn't force the acceptance of any antenna that the ham wants to put up, it calls for "reasonable accommodation" for the installation of an antenna that a reasonable person would find acceptable for the location. What it will do is get rid of the common HOA practice of flatly outlawing the installation of ANY ANTENNA that is used for ham radio.
AF5CC

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 09:22:56 PM »

John AF5CC
The solution to this is simple:

Don't buy property in a restricted area.

I didn't. 

John AF5CC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: