Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What the heck is Vanity and Non-Vanity  (Read 2217 times)
ND9B

Ignore
« on: June 18, 2014, 11:27:43 AM »

I need to renew my license soon. I want to keep my current call sign. Do I apply for a Vanity or Non-Vanity license renewal?

Bob D. ND9B
W3HF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 12:25:42 PM »

Your current license is a sequential assignment, so you can do a simple (free) non-vanity renewal. Just log in to the ULS, select Applications, and follow the prompts.

Note that you can't actually submit your renewal until you are less than 90 days from expiration, so you have about 32 days more to wait.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 07:20:38 AM »

A non-vanity callsign is a sequentially issued one that you didn't pick yourself.  A vanity callsign is a specific one that you select and request from the FCC.

In your case, yours is simply a call/license renewal.  It is non-vanity, UNLESS you had requested that callsign under the vanity callsign program before, then it still is a vanity callsign, and you still must pay the vanity callsign program fee to keep it.  

Added:  I know it doesn't make any sense because it's a callsign you already hold, but that's the way the rules are written.    
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:24:33 AM by K1CJS » Logged
N3DF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 11:12:00 AM »

Unless you chose your call sign back in the 70's, in which case it's not considered a vanity call.

Neil N3DF
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 06:27:49 AM »

Thanks!  I forgot that one point.  73.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: