Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood VOIP Software  (Read 10937 times)
WA8ZYT

Ignore
« on: March 04, 2014, 06:37:03 AM »

Has anyone here have experience getting these to work? I keep getting the "cannot access input/mic device or device is already in use" error. I have set the control in ARCP590 to USB audio which is what I am using and have set the ports on the router on each end of the network. There is not much else to set up in these relatively simple programs.

I have tried to use Skype, but when I do it keeps dropping the connection to the radio when I use ARCP590 in the network command mode. Maybe it's time to upgrade the PC at home.
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 08:07:50 PM »

Following are the equipment and software that are required to enable voice communications to be transmitted and received by the transceiver which is connected to a PC using a USB cable.
ARUA-10 software.
Sound function.
A speaker.
A microphone.
http://www.kenwood.com/i/products/info/amateur/ts_590/arcp590_e.html
WA8ZYT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 03:57:07 AM »

Thank you. Did not RTFM, and did not know about the ARUA-10 software package required.
WA8ZYT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 09:38:17 AM »

Update. The ARUA-10 software does not work with Kenwood Network Command System. Back to the drawing board. I think the problem is the USB audio. I may have do audio in and out via the ACC2 connector, and NOT use USB audio.

On edit: Installed IP Sound, a few minutes configuring both computers and I was up and running. (With USB audio!) No muss, no fuss. Mission accomplished!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 10:25:43 AM by WA8ZYT » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: