Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K3 question. Can you do this?  (Read 1530 times)
AA9G

Ignore
« on: March 04, 2014, 12:30:57 PM »

I want to purchase a K-3 but I like the whole waterfall/mouse click operation on the screen rather then fiddling with
knobs and menus. In other words I want to operate a K-3 as one would a Flex. A 5000 w/144 would be perfect but finding one
is...difficult. So would a pan adapter + HRD or something like that get it done? I've tried to research this on my own and all
I've gotten is confused. Thanks for your help.

Ex KC9EEV.
K8AC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 04:52:26 PM »

Check into LP-Pan and NaP3 software.  Absolutely no need for HRD.  With those and a connection to the K3, you'll be able to mouse on a displayed signal and have the K3 tuned to that frequency.  You'll also be able to change bands, filters, select split or not from the NaP3 screen with your mouse.  You'll need a good soundcard - see the N8LP site for soundcards that work well with LP-Pan.  If you also want to be able to set the K3 frequency by mousing on DX spots, check out DXLabs suite.  LP-Bridge will then allow you to share the K3 com port between the logging program and NaP3.  The only piece of this that you'll have to pay for is LP-Pan (and the soundcard).
AA9G

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 07:07:37 PM »

Perfect. Things make sense now. thank you.

Ex KC9EEV.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: