Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW callsign from hell  (Read 13895 times)
KE6EE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 02:13:15 PM »

I have gotten zero responses from stations I've called.

So I suppose I will have to send money to the FCC
to get an acceptable callsign but the government will use the money to give to degenerates who won't work for a living like the president and his ilk. I would not mind if the money was used for a broomstick to stick up their rears. End of rant. Otherwise no money for a vanity callsign.

RS

Sometimes people with weak signals don't get responses. Sometimes people with bad fists don't get responses. The combination can be frustrating.  Grin

A vanity call is something like $15. I chose mine, N6GND, because it sounds like my first, long-lost call K6ZNI, and is somewhat more compact than my more-recent gov't issue, KJ6HKA.

I wish I could move to Russia. They probably have jobs and no limp wrist for a leader. Grin

Do some reading about the current quality of life in Russia. Arguably not much better for the ordinary Ivan than when Lee Harvey Oswald moved over seeking a better world.

In a democracy, the limp-wrist thing is a virtue. Each branch of government is, by design, somewhat limp in the wrist. Some of us believe that this "balance" keeps us from crashing-and-burning. The guys with the big, strong wrists, recently like Khadafy in Libya and Saddam in Iraq and Noriega in Panama crashed-and-burned quite spectacularly. As did the tough guys of the former Soviet Union and those really tough guys in the more distant past Mussolini, Hitler and Hirohito.

Those strong wrists use most of their energy beating down their own citizenry and limiting choice available to their citizens. Under Obama you can buy a vanity call pretty cheap. Under Stalin and the KGB or Hitler and the Gestapo, not so much.
W6OP

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 04:28:04 PM »

The fee for a vanity call sign is set to be just enough to support the program and is adjusted as the cost of doing the processing varies every so often.

You can rest assured that none of the money from a well off, healthy person like you will be used for someone who may have financial issues because they had to have expensive medical care and need some help.

Pete W6OP
RSHIRE22

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 07:18:10 PM »

John,

Right now I have privacy issues so I won't give my callsign but believe me it is bad. You can't look it up on qrz because it is not there yet.

To the current govt defenders consider this. How many nations on earth are there (non third world) where when you think of the government you only think of one person. It was his intention from the first and our people are naieve, weak, and self satisfied so it bodes poorly for the future. 2014 will be the last election imo. The current leader will be present 20-30 years imo. So laugh all you want. And no, I didn't vote for him.

NZ9C

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 07:57:08 PM »

If you don't like your call, you can request a new sequential one, or pay $16.10 and wait 18 days for a vanity call. Blaming Obama for your difficult call makes no sense- I don't think he's got time to sit around the FCC office waiting to screw you over.

How many nations on earth are there (non third world) where when you think of the government you only think of one person.

Russia, England, Germany, Canada..... We usually know most foreign governments by the leader of that country.

It was his intention from the first and our people are naieve, weak, and self satisfied so it bodes poorly for the future. 2014 will be the last election imo. The current leader will be present 20-30 years imo. So laugh all you want. And no, I didn't vote for him.
Yeah, people said that about the 2012 election as well. Remember when Bush was preparing contingency plans for cancelling the 2008 elections?Huh

KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 11:34:44 PM »

Take the politics elsewhere, fellows.  Keep it off the forum.

-------------------

Back to CW....

This is a situation where a bit of 'swing' is definitely helpful, and reasonable!
GW3OQK

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 12:54:26 AM »

RSHIRE, Please tell us what it is that makes those characters hell. 

I HEAR, and FEEL through my key, nothing wrong with a call sign containing W, V or 4. In fact the guessed callsigns sound absolutely delightful to me. (As is all well-sent morse.)

I sometimes hear people who send their call sign differently each time because they havent yet learnt how to send accurately, and immediately tune away.

Hope to work you some time
Andrew GW3OQK

PA0WV

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 03:51:30 AM »

RSHIRE, Please tell us what it is that makes those characters hell.  

--
Andrew GW3OQK

Sure, An Irish gal got EI5SHE she quit with CW

My call PA0WV also has V and W, never had any problem, except some people, with a VolksWagen (car brand) called me PA0VW.

My call is often misused in CW, I even heard one time my own call in a CW QSO between 2 guys on 80. Actually I could apply for DXCC unlis, with all the received QSL cards in the years.

But I have already a swimming certificate and a traffic certificate on the wall , obtained when I was 6 years old, so I am not interested anymore in that kind of showing worthless certificates  to visitors in order to impress them.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 03:56:34 AM by PA0WV » Logged

Using an appliance without CW is just CB
WB3CQM

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2014, 04:45:53 AM »

I think that this would be more a call sign I would not want EI5IHS. I have worked a station with a call close to this one and could see where it might be a poor call in a pile up or someone to pick up on.

I could see where this call K2ZZK might not be the best call either due to the k on the end. But the thing about call sign is this there ARE NO ONE ELSE with your call sign. There is NONE the SAME. Every call sign is different and so it is easy to miss yours or anyone else at first time  heard . It is not like copy of text where you could miss a letter and still get the gist or the meaning of the word or sentence. Heck , I have missed words and still know what the op sent. But miss one little dit and you really miss the call sign.

Why would I miss a call sign when someone comes back to my CQ ?

First off How many call signs have I actually copied ? Using computer software like RufzXp and CW Freak I have copied over 75,000 calls in less than 2 years. In real time CW dx or rag chew type qso it is in the thousands. I know over 20,000 calls have been logged . I know for a fact contest stations have logged more than me and a good friend of mine has logged about 140,000 calls in real time cw work. 2 or more stations coming back to a cq can also be a reason for missing a call. Has nothing to do with their call at all. I have never missed a call because it was bad for there are no really bad calls signs.

I am tone deft and have full time ringing in my ears. At times I have or do have chirping sound in my left ear. It is result of many things but mainly due to firing over one million shot gun rounds with  no hearing protection.

Most of the time on SSB  or FM if someone says their call like with a G in the call for example  . Was it a D E B or something else. I need that call sounded phonetically spoken But on CW I can change the tone enough to get it. Any letters that rhyme will cause me to miss a letter even if they are very loud.

I still miss calls due to NO#1  - Weak Signal - QSB- sloppy fist -QRM -never heard the call b4- QRN and few other factors. QRN and a distance call and one dit can be lost in travel and the call is missed. Sending to fast or sending two slow are other factors. A static crash and a entire letter can be hard to get.

I have noticed I am having trouble with KH6 calls for some reason> It is like this ,  was that a S or H ,  B or  6 which is it ? It is easy for me to miss a dit the first time I hear a call. Their  call is not from hell, it is good call. I just miss dits due to factors now out of my control. And I could still miss those calls if they are loud. Was it a 6 or a B ?

There is better calls and best cw calls but  last week a station sent their call to me at least 3 times different. And it was not my hearing it was their sending , they could not even send their own call right and that is ok , maybe new ham or trouble with key , I have no clue but  I finally did get their call correct . I think! 

I DO NOT miss calls due to any call sign being from hell as you say yours is. But I would say I have copied a few of my friends calls on RufzXp and never miss them at any speed up to very fast due to I have their call sign  imprinted in my mine. It is like my own call . I have copied on RufzXP and CW freak up to 40 plus wpm and have not missed my own  call so far.

Last but not least I can miss a call due to I rarely hear those calls in my operating. Like this call the other day
hf15nato. I had to hear that one couple times before I went back to their cq . lol !

Simple thing apply for vanity call or move to place like 3Y or BV9P or ZS8 or I have a few more for you to move to that I really need to work for cw honor roll  .

73 JIM
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:11:21 AM by WB3CQM » Logged
NZ9C

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2014, 07:41:10 AM »

Sorry for going OT. RS, good luck with your call situation. 
W4II

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 08:47:25 AM »

You can control whether your call and associated info goes on QRZ.com.  But, I cannot find you in the FCC ULS database.  That information is always current from the moment a call is issued.

So.....?

Something is very fishy.

John W4II
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 08:56:21 AM »

You can control whether your call and associated info goes on QRZ.com.  But, I cannot find you in the FCC ULS database.  That information is always current from the moment a call is issued.

So.....?

Something is very fishy.

If you go to http://www.ae7q.com/ and click on the 4-land info, you can find the recently issued sequential 4-land call being discussed as well as the previous 7-land call that was held.
NO2A

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 10:43:56 AM »

I like mine. It`s one reason I upgraded in the first place. I wouldn`t trade it for any other call.
W4II

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 11:07:14 AM »

Tim, N3QE.....

Sorry but I'm still not seeing it.  He claims it has 2 w's, 2 v's, and a 4.  KV4VW doesn't fit that description and that holder doesn't have a name even close to his.  And, I still see nothing close in the
FCC ULS system?  What am I missing? 

John W4II
AE5QB

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2014, 04:28:08 PM »

John, you are not missing anything.  This is a BS troll.  If the guy won't even list his call sign - presumably new - then he is a lid and ain't worth crap.  Let the thread die like it should.  Better yet, pull it.

Tom  AE5QB
RSHIRE22

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2014, 04:31:16 PM »

Sorry,

I don't post my callsign on the internet, not just eham. There are meth dealers who are also hams in Florida. You think all hams are boyscouts?

You won't guess my callsign with the info I've given. Let's just say my callsign has v4v in the middle, two Ws, and one other letter.  Just do a cw drill with Vs and 4s alternating - that's my callsign. When the fcc starts issuing ww4abc I'll change signs again.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: