Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LDG Electronics  (Read 12986 times)
W9DEC

Ignore
« on: March 06, 2014, 04:44:49 AM »

I can not believe how poor the company service is at this organization. They only deal with email, no phone calls, and it is usually a poorly worded, short statement that basically says we don't know what your problem is and implies we don't care! I will never use their product again.
AA6ZE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 12:30:22 PM »

Unfortunately most equipment manufactured outside of the USA is poorly supported, so your story is not uncommon. We live in the age of throw away electronics. Three exceptions come to mind however.

Ten Tec. I can still get support for my over 30 year old transceivers.Excellent.

MFJ In spite of a lot of bad press, my experience has been positive over the years. Spare parts available for older tuners and can talk to a real person on the phone.

Elecraft Have not dealt with them myself, but several friends have been happy with their support.

I hope you can get your issue resolved.73,

Pete

W9DEC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 02:19:34 PM »

LDG is in Maryland, USA,
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 04:06:43 PM »

What is the problem that you need help with? They are usually pretty good. One if the better customer service around.
K5HTB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 06:51:10 PM »

I had a problem with a tuner and the response was immediate and positive.  Repairs were made at no charge.  I suspect a competitor planting negative comments.

Travis
K5HTB
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 06:40:58 AM »

Unfortunately most equipment manufactured outside of the USA is poorly supported.........Three exceptions come to mind however.

Ten Tec. I can still get support for my over 30 year old transceivers.Excellent.       

Ummmm...LDG is American.  And Ten Tec makes their cabinets.

W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 07:41:15 PM »

They do answer the phone at least once a week if they happen to be walking past it when it's ringing.PATHETIC Customer Service at best.They have a crappy attitude when they do answer the phone then.Had an issue last year with my AT-1000 & tried to speak with someone on the phone after they had it for several weeks.After several days someone who did not give their name answered the phone with a piss poor attitude.It was as if I had committed a crime by calling them & asking a question.I have the tuner back now but in the future I will purchase some other brand if needed & not deal with a product that has such POOR customer services.I don't work for ANYONE & would not work for a company that treats it's customers like crap either such as LDG Electronics! I gave their product a 5 out of 5 on the eham review but their customer service deserves a 1 out of 5 on their best day! Customer service is an important part of a company & it's product line but it appears that the folks at LDG Electronics don't think it matters or is important so I'll spend my money with someone else in the future as will others I have shared my experience with.

Clayton
W4KVW
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 09:14:46 PM »

They do answer the phone at least once a week if they happen to be walking past it when it's ringing.PATHETIC Customer Service at best.They have a crappy attitude when they do answer the phone then.Had an issue last year with my AT-1000 & tried to speak with someone on the phone after they had it for several weeks.After several days someone who did not give their name answered the phone with a piss poor attitude.It was as if I had committed a crime by calling them & asking a question.I have the tuner back now but in the future I will purchase some other brand if needed & not deal with a product that has such POOR customer services.I don't work for ANYONE & would not work for a company that treats it's customers like crap either such as LDG Electronics! I gave their product a 5 out of 5 on the eham review but their customer service deserves a 1 out of 5 on their best day! Customer service is an important part of a company & it's product line but it appears that the folks at LDG Electronics don't think it matters or is important so I'll spend my money with someone else in the future as will others I have shared my experience with.

Clayton
W4KVW
I have always had good dealings with LDG...  Never a problem of any kind.

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 11:50:26 AM »

This stuff about them answering phones one a week is nonsense. I called them twice, and both times they answered quickly. I also emailed them, and they were quick to answer. And being in ham retail, I have never heard a customer complain about LDG service, In fact, they had raves about them including replacing blown tuners with brand new ones.

K1AVE

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 07:48:09 AM »

My new broken tuner has been in their shop for over four weeks - no news, no tuner, yet.
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 08:00:44 AM »

My new broken tuner has been in their shop for over four weeks - no news, no tuner, yet.
Have you called them? 

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
K2GWK

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 10:58:34 AM »

If you have not contacted them, how do you know it even arrived or when it arrived at LDG? Lots of things can happen to your shipment between you and LDG.

Guy
Lawn Guyland, New York

K2GWK Website
W5WSS

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 11:30:41 AM »

I have called them. The customer service was polite, professional.

I sent My Tuner to Maryland for a service check and they updated the chip that improved the tuning algorithms.

They are a good resource to have here in the USA.

I think the products are in fact assembled overseas in Taiwan.

K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2014, 06:37:17 AM »

Yeah, the implication earlier was that LDG was some kind of foreign entity, so good luck with any support.  I did see their cabinets being made by Ten Tec, and that was a very impressive operation, BTW.

KD2CJJ

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2014, 03:53:42 PM »

I have had the same exact experience as the poster.  I don't mind service via email but geez treat me as a needed customer!!!  I got so frustratd with the 1 sentence answers that I sold my 100 pro II and 1000 pro ii...  I ended up getting an Elecraft and never looked back!! Love my elecraft tuner.

Mike
KD2CJJ
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: