Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SoftRock RXTX Ensemble. How to Transmit?  (Read 5835 times)
KD7RDZI2

Ignore
« on: March 09, 2014, 03:27:13 PM »

I have a SoftRock RXTX Ensemble. With HDSDR receives fine but seems unable to TX, although the spectrum for mic input looks fine and the TX button is pressed. Where is the trick?
VA2PBJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 06:00:39 AM »

I believe you have to enable TX under options.

7 3 Peter VA2PBJ
KD7RDZI2

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 05:27:13 PM »

still nothing. I have installed the CFGSR program and drivers for the RX Ensemble II. Both the Ensemble RXTX and the RX Ensemble are based on the SI570 and CFGSR lets me in theory to choose the RXTX. I can even run the tests in CFGSR and on the PC the ptt seems fine but no RF output. By the way, I see over the internet many say have tested only the receiving part of the RXTX, others more explicitly point out my same problem: no transmit. Over the internet I see tons of confused documentation... even on youtube i  don't find anything useful.
KB5JOF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 08:47:05 AM »

Make sure your output is routed to the SoftRock.  You will not be able to hear the signal unless you have a second sound card and a mixer setup.  This was how it worked for me on PSDR.  I suspect HDSDR will be the same.  Your results may vary and I may be corrected.

KB5JOF
Joe
KD7RDZI2

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 12:46:23 PM »

I have being using two soundcards. I see the output on HDSDR and there is output from the second soundcard to the Softrock but no TX from the radio...
KB5JOF

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 07:55:23 AM »

Try using the second sound card for your audible connection (in my case a cheap USB sound blaster) and route the main card (in my case s realtek card on the motherboard)  to the RX/TX.  That works for me using PSDR.  My meter shows slightly less than 1 watt output but I have made several contacts on JT65 and PSK 31 with one as far away as Canada.  I am still learning and have a long way to go but this works so far.

Your results may vary...

KB5JOF
Joe
KD7RDZI2

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 11:55:45 AM »

I am thinking the ExtIO is fooling my computers. I installed them with CFGSR and the EXTIO_Si570 is in the CFGSR Folder. Originally I made the installation for the Ensemble receiver I also have. Using CFGSR I then selected the RXTX without any bandpass filter selected.
But I have seen there might be more appropriate ExtIO, maybe the ExtIO_SRlite for Softrock RXTX. Which ExtIO are you using?
KD7RDZI2

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 04:11:22 AM »

SOLVED! The key was transmitting in FM mode: the average cross needle power meter slightly moved! I then adjusted the output level of HDSDR to reach 1 watt. The file in the Softrock40 yahoo group by Wes Hartman, "Using Fldigi with HDSDR and Softrock RXTX Radios", is extremely helpful to choose the right settings and interface HDSDR with Fldigi.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: