Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hearing UK CBers on FM!!  (Read 15800 times)
ONAIR

Ignore
« on: March 12, 2014, 02:12:10 AM »

The spectrum around 10 meters has been very hot lately.  I have been hearing UK CBers on the East Coast regularly!  They are using just 5 Watts on FM, and often have only mobile antennas!  If you want to hear them and have an FM receiver, just tune between the 10 Meter Ham Band and above the US Citizens Band.  The frequencies for the UK Citizens Band can be found online.  Happy SWLing!!  Smiley
N9BH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 07:26:49 AM »

I'll check it out....
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 05:38:23 PM »

I'll check it out....

Lots of activity recently.  Most noticeable when 10 meters is wide open!  Smiley
WB8VLC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 10:54:16 PM »

here in the pacific northwest it is Asian fishing boats chit chatting nightly on 29.6 FM, they are still coming in at 10:50 pm local.
ZENKI

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 07:13:55 PM »

When the band is open  to Asia and the  pacific you can hear FM from 24 to 30mhz. Its full of FM and AM carriers.
They all using the illegal freeband CB radios marketed  as Ham radios. Thats why would encourage every ham not to buy these products because all you are doing is supporting  products and companies that are promoting piracy on the ham bands.

In fact the pirate activity is so bad in the  Asia region that when you fly over these areas you hear pirates on the AM aero band. There is  pirate chit chat on the marine and HF aeronautical frequencies. Its total chaos  on the  HF spectrum in Asia.

When they were searching for the missing Malaysian Airliner lost, the searchers had a hard time communicating because of all the pirate activity on the aeronautical bands. It also made monitoring for air traffic hard because of all the pirates. The only country that takes spectrum management seriously is Thailand and Japan. Everywhere else  you can buy radio cordless phones that can tuner from 100mhz to 500mhz with 25 watts of output!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: