Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sound card control in Win 7  (Read 533 times)
N3DT

Ignore
« on: March 13, 2014, 01:10:53 PM »

OK, now that I've about migrated everything to W7, everything seems to work except CoolEdit 96, but Audicity can replace that.  Now my problem is once I've found the Sound/Volume Mixer/Recording devices and Playback devices controls (took me all morning to find them, plus download all the new drivers), when I record .wav files or streaming audio off the computer the recording control seems to work in the 'What you hear' control, but when I select the line input for lets say for the signalink, I don't seem to get any adjustment with the recording level.  The level was always low even with XP, but now I don't seem to have even any level control.  I guess the thing is, do people end up using an amp between the output of the signalink and the line in so the levels can be adjusted to some reasonable amount?  The mike input is way to high, even if I turn off the 20dB boost, although it does work, but if I listen to it, it's way distorted.  I've got a LM386 or similar with a volume control on it that I can place between the Signalink and the line in.

The line in now seems to be disconnected from the 'what you hear', where before it seemed to work either way.

Using Creative SB Audigy 4 and all the drivers have been updated from windoze and also from Creative.  I haven't tried the RealTec on board device.

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: