Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Use of a recording when calling CQ  (Read 26566 times)
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 03:47:34 AM »

It was fun to let it run on 10M when the band appeared dead and I was busy around the shack. Several times I worked some good DX on the "dead" band.

Good lesson!

One of my Elmer's once told me that he had never heard to receivers talking to each other. At some point in time, someone has to transmit!
K6EK

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2014, 12:50:53 PM »

Want to hear the use/overuse of a DVR? Listen to 28425 sometime...

You mean as in kilo-charlie-four.. etc ?

RENTON481

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2014, 05:34:28 AM »

^^^^^ yeah, I think he's referring to the KC4 guy near Atlanta. I often hear his recording going non-stop on that 10 m frequency for what sometimes seems to be hours at a time.
AB4D

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2014, 07:41:59 AM »

Lot of people I hear using these tapes sound like they had their 'nads removed. 

I agree, however it's that type of audio that breaks through pile ups. I've heard Dxpedition ops thank others for running narrow audio.

I would say 75% of the big contest stations use recorders during contests. Especially, in the countries where English is not often spoken. It's common to hear DX stations using the recorder to make the basic exchange in English.  However, the operator then struggles to use English for any fills. 

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: