Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommendation for a used/new receiver under $200  (Read 17466 times)
N0ZT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 12:40:05 PM »

I also picked up a Tecsun 660 just a couple of months ago. Not a bad little receiver for the money (abt $100.) It will suffice for commercial broadcasts. It won't blow your socks off, but it is serviceable. For 100 clams, I'd have no problem recommending it. Of course, more money, like another price tier or two, will bring you another level of quality. Spending closer to your stated "$200" price range would probably bring you something a little nicer
CHRISTOFERO

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 06:29:07 PM »

Look at the post I just made about using an RTLSDR for a HF-VHF-UHF receiver. Cost should be around $65 with an upconverter and the combination is really quite good considering how little it costs.

I would also add a 9:1 unun to cut down the noise which you can make with a small toroid. Thats a dynamite combination for the money. Plus its an SDR which is a lot of fun. Look at some videos on Youtube, enter in RTL2832 as your search term, there are around 6000 hits.

You can receive around 2.6 MHz of spectrum without dropping samples. They make great panalyzers for ham receivers too.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: