Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital Interface for FTDX-3000  (Read 2110 times)
WD8ITZ

Ignore
« on: March 23, 2014, 08:31:17 AM »

I am setting up a new station after being off the air for a decade or so. I just purchased a FTDX-3000 and am looking for a digital interface to go to my computer. I know the 3000 has the capability of decoding rtty and cw, but I need the sending capability also. I need to be able to use a keyboard for data input. (I have Parkinson's and using a straight key or iambic keyer is not an option.) I have both Mac (OSX 10.6.8  Snow Leopard) and windows (Windows 7) capability. I want to be able to interface with my FTDX-3000 on HF and my Kenwood TM-V71A on vhf and uhf. I have been looking online at the PK-232SC+ from TimeWave, and the RigBlaster, but have yet to actually talk to anyone running either.  Input, biased or otherwise, concerning the two above options, or othe options, would be appreciated.
-73,  fred
LA9XNA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 04:05:57 PM »

Look in your manual at page 30. There are an USB connector in the back that can do all the digimode stuff.
Check also page 104-107 in the manual.
If you decide to get an interface go for one of the simpler one like signalink.
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 05:28:57 PM »

The interface is built into that radio already. All you need is to install the driver on your computer which turns the USB connection into a virtual COM port and set your desired digital software to use that COM port.
WD8ITZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 07:20:25 PM »

Thanks guys for both replies.  I obviously haven't read the manual as well as I thought I had. I have some friends coming over when the weather breaks to put up antennas for me - hopefully in the next couple of weeks. For the time being I am going through the manual a chapter or two a night, waiting impatiently to try it out on the air. Cheesy
K2GWK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 12:01:24 PM »

Thanks guys for both replies.  I obviously haven't read the manual as well as I thought I had. I have some friends coming over when the weather breaks to put up antennas for me - hopefully in the next couple of weeks. For the time being I am going through the manual a chapter or two a night, waiting impatiently to try it out on the air. Cheesy

This little four letter moniker will save you every time.........RTFM

K2GWK Website

Stupidity for Dummies (http://stupidityfordummies.com/)

…because sometimes, you just can’t dumb it down enough…
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: