Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 HDMI ports on monitor equals...daisy chain?  (Read 3174 times)
AA9G

Ignore
« on: March 29, 2014, 10:25:34 AM »

So I have this AOC monitor and in back are standard VGA and two ports marked HDMI 1 and 2. My new video card supports up to six monitors
on 4 ports(??)  , only one of which is HDMI, then a mini display and two flavors of DVI.. (??)  Is HDMI designed to daisy chain like USB?

Ex KC9EEV.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 10:33:07 AM »

So I have this AOC monitor and in back are standard VGA and two ports marked HDMI 1 and 2. My new video card supports up to six monitors
on 4 ports(??)  , only one of which is HDMI, then a mini display and two flavors of DVI.. (??)  Is HDMI designed to daisy chain like USB?

No

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 10:51:49 AM »

Does the monitor perhaps have a switch to select which port is being used? That would be handy if you had two computers and wanted to switch the monitor between them.
KC9YTJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 11:06:04 AM »

I would agree with the previous respondents.  I imagine you will find that the monitor has multiple HDMI inputs, e.g., HDMI1 and HDMI2, switchable somewhere in the monitor's menus.

As a writer of manuals in my day job, it is a moral imperative for me to add:  Read the fine manual...
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 11:10:29 AM »

I looked up one high-end AOC monitor and it had two HDMI ports. The input menu selection permits you to decide which port you want to use. The second HDMI port also supports MHL (Mobile High Def Link) which accepts a special adapter cable to permit you to connect it to a smart phone or other device that uses a mini-usb connector and is MHL compatible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: