Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dx-world.net  (Read 5268 times)
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2014, 04:04:22 PM »

Hey Chris,
 Are you on Comcast too?

What's your explanation for the guy in Finland who can't connect?

How do you say Comcast in Finnish?  Grin

I said "screw it", I'm tired fooling with it. Somehow.... I will survive  (Huh Was that Gloria Gaynor that just passed through here  Huh)

DX rolls on.

Yes, Larry, I have Comcast for the phone, net, and cable so they make about $200 a month off me. 

I can survive without DX World.  If there's anything important somebody will repost here or I'll get the news via another source.

Chris  NU1O

For some reason Comcast has this site blocked. I submitted a case. I will let you know what they say. I did eventually did connect with my phone - its not Comcast.
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2014, 02:52:43 PM »

Its now working, at least here it is.
MM0NDX

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2014, 03:04:11 PM »

That's nice to know. Imagine if DX World was a subscriber service and all those people (I think it's about 4 worldwide) couldn't view..

I try my best.

Best regards!

Col, MM0NDX @ DX World

PS:

What's your explanation for the guy in Finland who can't connect?

Perhaps the guy in Finland can answer that.
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2014, 05:37:53 PM »

(I think it's about 4 worldwide) couldn't view..

But we are so loyal!  Grin Grin Grin
N5PG

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2014, 06:17:59 PM »

For some reason Comcast has this site blocked. I submitted a case. I will let you know what they say. I did eventually did connect with my phone - its not Comcast.

Some years ago Verizon for some odd reason arbitrarily blocked a large range of IP addresses believing them to be all sources of spam.

Trouble is, it included the free email provider Tiscali.fr, Tiscali.co.uk etc It was a couple of months before they reversed themselves having first tried to make their users apply for "whiteboard" status for every such email address they wanted to use.
Gee, no GTE -(but we're Verizon now hoping you'll forget that)
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2014, 07:36:22 PM »

Now working for me.  I did not call Comcast so I don't know what caused the problem but I don't believe it was Comcast.

OH1HAQ

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2014, 10:49:01 PM »

Still doesn't work for me. ISP is still checking the routing, hopefully it gets fixed soon. 
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2014, 03:36:09 AM »

Now working for me.  I did not call Comcast so I don't know what caused the problem but I don't believe it was Comcast.

I think it was Chris. I started chatting with one of their techs Sunday evening and she said it was blocked. She actually tried it.  From there she had me submit a case to a higher up tech. The next day it was working.  Huh Which given I'm paying 50% than areas that have competition, it was nice to see they were pretty responsive.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2014, 07:10:40 AM »

Yes, but what about OH1HAQ?  Is the mighty Comcast Company causing his troubles too?

Actually service is very good from Comcast so I shouldn't really complain.  I had a week signal at the house on Cape Cod and they installed a new underground cable that was over a half mile long.  They supply cable, phone and internet at the Cape also so my monthly bill is more like $800 and not $400.  Ouch!  I did look for cheaper alternatives but there weren't any so I'm getting squeezed like a grapefruit.

WO7R

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2014, 07:34:51 AM »

When I tried to connect just now, it complained about the certificate and suggests I not go there.  Maybe it's just a missing certificate.  But, maybe someone, somewhere is trying something fishy.
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2014, 10:32:45 AM »

Yes, but what about OH1HAQ?  Is the mighty Comcast Company causing his troubles too?

Actually service is very good from Comcast so I shouldn't really complain.  I had a week signal at the house on Cape Cod and they installed a new underground cable that was over a half mile long.  They supply cable, phone and internet at the Cape also so my monthly bill is more like $800 and not $400.  Ouch!  I did look for cheaper alternatives but there weren't any so I'm getting squeezed like a grapefruit.

I don't know, hopefully Hannu and his ISP can get it worked out.

I should have said I'm paying 50% more than areas with competition.

WOW! $800! So much for bundling. But its all relative. Appalachia is a much different place than the Cape.
OH1HAQ

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2014, 10:52:45 AM »

Thanks for your concern. Smiley I'm still waiting, if/when it starts working, I'll try to get the most technical answer I can get. This really seems a really peculiar problem.

The stangest thing is that the site works in a different city that is covered by the same ISP, so this can't be an ISP-wide block.  

And no, we don't have comcast in Finland Smiley
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 10:57:29 AM by OH1HAQ » Logged
OH1HAQ

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2014, 04:03:14 AM »

IT'S BACK, BRING ON ALL THE DX!  Grin

Hopefully my ISP will let me know what the problem was.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: