Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Contest-Style QSOs the Norm Now with Some Ops?  (Read 6779 times)
WS3N

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2014, 04:54:59 AM »

Why do we STILL send paper QSL cards in the day of the internet, eQSL, and LoTW?

Beats me.
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2014, 09:20:35 AM »

N5INP - AWESOME!  Well done.
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2014, 09:33:58 AM »

Why do we STILL send paper QSL cards in the day of the internet, eQSL, and LoTW?

Beats me.

Because internet, E-qsl and LOTW are BORRRRRRRRRR-RRRRRING!!!!!!....

V
K3NRX

WS3N

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2014, 10:12:19 AM »

Beats me.

V
K3NRX

To each his own. I'm glad you like cards. I stick them in an album (the few I get) where they never see the light of day until another joins them.
N5INP

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2014, 01:48:28 PM »

Right! eQSL can't duplicate this! Just got 'em today -

AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2014, 02:44:03 PM »

I do ragchew with some of my EU buddies when I can but it is hard to do when the bands are open to EU I get pile-ups so large that all it is is 59 Thanks and 73. That is what happens when you are the DX station.
WS3N

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2014, 05:13:15 AM »

BFD. It's not 1950. Most of the everyday items that you buy and take for granted come from far-away places. Why is international mail so special? Actually, one could argue that Walmart's inventory from the Far East is more exotic than your mundane mail from Europe.
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2014, 05:53:54 AM »

BFD. It's not 1950. Most of the everyday items that you buy and take for granted come from far-away places. Why is international mail so special? Actually, one could argue that Walmart's inventory from the Far East is more exotic than your mundane mail from Europe.

Some of us collect foreign stamps too....a hobby within a hobby...hell, we pay for the postage, might as well keep it/them....I remember taking a few of my stamps to work about 20 years ago, and showed them to an employee who was fellow stamp collector....His eyes bulged out when he saw some of the stamps from the more exotic locales......can't do stamp collecting with LOTW either....Don't care if it's not 1950 anymore.....Technology's nice...but some things are just more fun.....Just say'n.. Wink...and please, if I hear "to each his own" one more time, I think I'm gonna PUKE....... Shocked Shocked Shocked...again, just say'n....OK, back to work...... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes....

V
K3NRX

N5PG

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2014, 06:15:05 AM »

Some of us collect foreign stamps too....a hobby within a hobby...hell, we pay for the postage, might as well keep it/them....I remember taking a few of my stamps to work about 20 years ago, and showed them to an employee who was fellow stamp collector....His eyes bulged out when he saw some of the stamps from the more exotic locales......can't do stamp collecting with LOTW either....Don't care if it's not 1950 anymore.....Technology's nice...but some things are just more fun.....Just say'n.. Wink...and please, if I hear "to each his own" one more time, I think I'm gonna PUKE....... Shocked Shocked Shocked...again, just say'n....OK, back to work...... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes....

V
K3NRX

Right !

And if you want a "meaningful" contest exchange try Sweepstakes, cw of course Grin

WS3N

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2014, 06:26:47 AM »

...Just say'n.. Wink...and please, if I hear "to each his own" one more time, I think I'm gonna PUKE....... Shocked Shocked Shocked...again, just say'n...

I feel the same way about "just say'n." Oh well, to each his own.
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2014, 06:56:49 AM »

I'm with Vince on this one.  Maybe you have to be old enough to recall receiving a bureau envelope with cards from Box 88 in Moscow.

I do appreciate both eQSL and LoTW, though. 

Chuck  NI0C
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2014, 08:52:30 AM »

...Just say'n.. Wink...and please, if I hear "to each his own" one more time, I think I'm gonna PUKE....... Shocked Shocked Shocked...again, just say'n...

I feel the same way about "just say'n." Oh well, to each his own.

...and here comes my lunch...... Roll Eyes Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked....just say'n..... Wink
N5INP

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2014, 09:32:26 AM »

Actually, one could argue that Walmart's inventory from the Far East is more exotic than your mundane mail from Europe.

How dare you call my QSL card mail "mundane".  Angry

K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2014, 09:56:17 AM »

I'm with Vince on this one.  Maybe you have to be old enough to recall receiving a bureau envelope with cards from Box 88 in Moscow.

I do appreciate both eQSL and LoTW, though.  

Chuck  NI0C

Those were the days, man, weren't they???....with the cold war going on...and I have a slew of those cards from the late 80s......and all on that low grade rough rodded paper that they used for their cards.....in fact, not only from the USSR, but from other eastern bloc countries as well....and even Cuba, they used that paper for their cards.....too funny.....That was where it was at......my first ever DX qsl card was from UZ2FWA in Kaliningrad with Victor UB5WE as the op....that to me was the epitome of ham radio/DX excitement to get that verification in writing on a card.....Like the man said, you newbies beating the LOTW/electro-qsling drum...you just had to be there.....

V
K3NRX

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 09:58:55 AM by K3NRX » Logged
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2014, 12:07:05 PM »

I say skip it in a contest. Replace it with something else as like age, how long you been a ham etc

In a contest it's punctuation.

Some do skip it though.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: