Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flex 6700 with a Yaesu Quadra VL1000 Amplifier  (Read 914 times)
VE3QA

Ignore
« on: April 03, 2014, 05:16:26 PM »

Hello

Anybody have an idea as to how I can source out cables to interconnect these two units - or perhaps - anybody have the pin out / wiring for these cables to allow me to make my own?

I would prefer to purchase commercially made ones....

Any direction would be greatly appreciated

If you would prefer to answer me directly - please try   barrie1X@rogers.com  (VE3 QA)

AB7R

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 03:15:55 PM »

Here's a few ways of doing it:

1.  Use DDUtil and an LPT port on your computer.  If you don't have an LPT port, try looking into a PCIe card to add one.

2.  Microham Station Master works well for this.  But the VCP drivers they use can conflict with others such as VSPM.

3.  Green Herron Engineering wireless boxes.  This is what I use now.  The quadra is just one device I manage with these.  I use the 8-relay version and feed the common with 5V and create a BCD matrix using the first 4 relays.  Works fine.
BTW...when doing this with the GHE boxes I  used the microham quadra cable from the Station Master since it already has pull up resistors in the shell.  So I just built a short cable with a female DB15 to connect to pins 1-4 and 11 and the unterminated ends are tinned and connected to the block on the back of the GHE remote box.

73 and GL
Greg
AB7R
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 03:19:57 PM by AB7R » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: