The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: external ant tuner for a FTDX-3000 ?  (Read 2844 times)
KB8VFA

Ignore
« on: August 26, 2015, 04:49:44 PM »

I am looking to get a new external tuner for my yaesu ftdx-3000. i have a mfj-929 (i used on my ts-480). i read the manual and cannot get it to work. I am looking to see what others are using for the radio. i have a g5vr antenna and couple other antennas one is Alpha Delta DX-CC. i cannot get it to tune on all of the them..

This is a new radio so i dont know all the bells and whistles and tips and tricks.

thank you for any info and help.
Danny
KB8VFA
W6IR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 07:52:04 AM »

I'm not sure I understand the question. I have a LDG AT-600ProII with my FTDX3000 but rarely need to use it as I am usually on JT-65 and can use the built-in tuner for 80 mtrs. Only have the LDG in case I decide to fire up the amp.

So could you be more specific in your question and I or someone else can try and help you.
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 04:16:28 AM »

Danny, I don't know anything about that radio, sorry.  But an MFJ auto-tuner OUGHT to work with any HF rig, more or less.  I've used mine with a half-dozen different rigs with no problem.   Go to a frequency near where you want to work, ID, and then put out a 5 watt CW signal for a second to let the autotuner "do its thing."   The autotuner adjusts, and off you go!   Is that not working for you?    --ken
NA4IT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 05:22:15 AM »

Make sure your tuner is set to "automatic" mode. That could be your problem. And.. I use AM mode for tuning.
DRBEN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 08:00:19 AM »

Make sure your tuner is set to "automatic" mode. That could be your problem. And.. I use AM mode for tuning.

You may need to use more power for tune up. You said "I read the manual". Which one--txcvr or tuner? Check BOTH carefully for operating guidelines

I have an MFJ-901B (non-automatic) tuner. For my Icom IC-718, as per the Icom user manual, I must use RTTY (or CW) and a minimum of 30 watts for manual tuneup using the radio's SWR meter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: