Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ham Club table at Gun Show?  (Read 106065 times)
WB4M

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 12:51:33 PM »

I agree with ND8K, too late.   I've seen ads while surfing the internet promoting Pactor emails over ham frequencies to replace downed cellphones and linelines.  Also some guy advising people to buy ham radios and learn to used them even if they don't have a license.
W7WQ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2014, 02:34:33 PM »

You've never heard of a "big gun" station?
KA5PIU

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2014, 01:36:57 AM »

Hello.

Aviation, Guns, Politics, Radio.
That is about all that I hear on the air around here.
Most if not all of my friends are General Aviation, have their favorite gun, are Republican,and at least a General on radio.
A fair number work in Trucking and almost all have been in the military.
I am the exception to the rule.
I fly a wing pack, kind of like an ultralight, but actual flight controls,think smaller pistols are where it is at, support Willie Nelson, but am not a Democrat or Republican, and was a Novice for 30+ years.
But, I am holding out for the "Radio Gun".
Thank you.
K8QV

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2014, 10:51:39 AM »

I think it would go over very well with hams, if not the general public. "God, Guns, Glenn Beck and Doughnuts" fits most ham profiles. Perhaps they could all be combined somehow on one table.
KV7W

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 09:53:54 AM »

I noticed a few vendors selling gun stuff at the last swap meet I went to. Just in addition to the regular ham stuff - one table had a few holsters, another was selling rounds. The rounds went pretty fast. People are reading this thread.
W5HEH

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 08:28:29 PM »

Most American Hams are Patriots and Patriots are not afraid of protecting themselves period. We live in a Rural Area and our Sheriff told us it would take 30-45 mins to get to us to help and is glad we can protect ourselves . We both came from Metro Cities and really enjoy a quieter lifestyle . Gun or Ham promotion,Tables at Oklahoma , Arkansas , Wyoming , Montana , and you know where i am taking this , you will have a lot of interest setting up Ham Radio HTs plus small Rigs for Mobile/Portable or Go-Bags ,and remote Hunting, or Hiking,  we all think and even mention to others about , "well if the cell towers go down , how will you get word to Family and Friends?",, Amateur Radio will make it happen . Boy Scouts learn to fire rifles and clean them and have Badges for Ham Radio . It goes together well . Think how many Women are learning to fire arms, we need to market to them as well . But never mind , i hear too many on the Bands compared to the 60s ! hihi.
W5HEH

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2014, 04:41:39 PM »

HAd to add this site i noticed today -  http://gunsnradios.com/ Tongue

Most American Hams are Patriots and Patriots are not afraid of protecting themselves period. We live in a Rural Area and our Sheriff told us it would take 30-45 mins to get to us to help and is glad we can protect ourselves . We both came from Metro Cities and really enjoy a quieter lifestyle . Gun or Ham promotion,Tables at Oklahoma , Arkansas , Wyoming , Montana , and you know where i am taking this , you will have a lot of interest setting up Ham Radio HTs plus small Rigs for Mobile/Portable or Go-Bags ,and remote Hunting, or Hiking,  we all think and even mention to others about , "well if the cell towers go down , how will you get word to Family and Friends?",, Amateur Radio will make it happen . Boy Scouts learn to fire rifles and clean them and have Badges for Ham Radio . It goes together well . Think how many Women are learning to fire arms, we need to market to them as well . But never mind , i hear too many on the Bands compared to the 60s ! hihi.
K4RUM

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2014, 04:51:30 PM »

Have we really become a hobby of crazy right-wingers?
N4UM

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2014, 07:18:12 AM »

K4RUM - "Have we really become a hobby of crazy right-wingers? "

There is a certain amount of redundancy in the above comment.  However, if you don't believe it's true, spend about 5 minutes listening to 75 meters.
N4UM

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 07:30:16 AM »

KD5GR - "People who join the NRA to protect Second Amendment rights tend to be the same type of folks who get involved in other organizations to protect other rights and privileges." 

Betcha not many belong to the American Civil Liberties Union!

KD5GR - "In the interest of full disclosure, I'm an NRA Life Member and I've been on the NRA Board of Directors since 2001 having just been reelected for another 3-year term."

Never wudda guessed.
KD5GR

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2014, 04:49:50 PM »

Have we really become a hobby of crazy right-wingers?

This coming from a "subject" of New York City?  This is hilarious!!

Chas.
KD5GR

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2014, 08:00:18 PM »

KD5GR - "People who join the NRA to protect Second Amendment rights tend to be the same type of folks who get involved in other organizations to protect other rights and privileges." 

Are you?

Chas.
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2014, 08:45:58 AM »

How did we get from the comingling of 2 hobbies to whether you belong to the ACLU or not?

I don't own a gun. But I have a collection of Asian swords and knives. Do I need to be a member of something like the ACLU for that too? Can I have swords and be patriotic? Do I need to be politically on the left, or the right to own them?

Now after reading those questions, is it obvious how ridiculous this thread has become?
N4UM

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2014, 06:41:14 PM »

Are you?

Chas.

Yep, I'm a member and a true believer... I tried to post a photo of my membership card (since 1982) but couldn't figure out how to do it.
KF7CG

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2014, 01:01:53 PM »

Since when did the ACLU become anti-anything other than what they consider violations of The Constitution. They have even defended the right of a student to read the Holy Bible during a free reading assignment.

Radio is interesting in the fact that one is hard pressed to infer the politics of a person from whether or not they have an Amateur license and are active.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: