Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tigertronics SignaLink SL-1+  (Read 848 times)
KC0RDG

Ignore
« on: September 11, 2004, 04:28:58 AM »

Just wondering if anyone else out there uses this.  If so, what software are you using for the digital modes.  I suppose anyone can answer with what software you use for digital modes but I was looking more specifically for software that works well with this unit.  Thanks.

KC0RDG
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2004, 08:42:33 PM »

For the most part the software used is unrelated to the interface type. The interface only passes audio between the rig and the sound card and handles the PTT on the radio. Most any interface will provide this interface and work with any software. Choose the software based on the features you want. MixW is a good one and can provide computer control of the radio's frequency, band, mode, and filter selections. It all depends on what you need.
KC0RDG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2004, 09:05:49 PM »

Right.  I know it doesn't matter what interface you use, I was just wondering what other people out there use.
W4TME

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 08:52:59 PM »

I use one regularly for PSK & RTTY interfaced to an IC-706 MKIIg and IC-756 Pro II (ACC1 connector) with MixW as the software.  Works like a champ.  I really like the fact I don't tie up a com port for PTT keying on my laptop.

-Tim
W8AII

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 10:17:58 AM »

I use the SL-1+ to interface my IBM 770 laptop to my FT-817. I use it for all of my Army MARS digital work. I use MixW version 2.12 and run modes PSK-31, RTTY, and MT-63. Works like gangbusters for me. Simple to follow instructions in getting it configured. I'm considering getting a second one to use with my SG-2020.

Good luck...

73 Al, W8AII / AAR5TH
WS7X

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 10:09:36 PM »

I'm using the Signal Link+ for PSK.  Works great!
Noel
W0FM

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 02:47:05 PM »

I have used the SignaLink-1 with MixW and Digipan for my digital modes.  Have used a RigBlaster and a hombrew interface as well.  Like those, and most other reliable interfaces, the SignaLink-1 gets the job done.

Terry, WØFM
N6HPX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 08:47:29 PM »

bought one of these 2 years ago but didnt have a computer yet set up..would like to hook it to my ic-706mk2 and try it out with a HP 4310 Laptop..any comments on this let me know havent been on it yet as there are no Elmers in my area..not like the old days of Ham radio
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: