Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what's with 14.313?  (Read 44169 times)
WT1J

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2014, 01:32:24 PM »

Looks like the FCC has been monitoring 14,313 after all!  According to the post on the ARRL website today, several have have been issued "warning letters."  Perhaps some will be issued the "Purple Shaft" after these warnings.

AWESOME. I love 20m and besides 14.313 I've found it to be the best band culturally. Except for 313.

There was a guy with recording gear on 14.313 that declared war on some other op and would record every time he broadcasted and rebroadcast the recording over and over and over just to piss him off.
KJ6ZOL

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2014, 01:47:53 PM »

Looks like the FCC has been monitoring 14,313 after all!  According to the post on the ARRL website today, several have have been issued "warning letters."  Perhaps some will be issued the "Purple Shaft" after these warnings.

AWESOME. I love 20m and besides 14.313 I've found it to be the best band culturally. Except for 313.

There was a guy with recording gear on 14.313 that declared war on some other op and would record every time he broadcasted and rebroadcast the recording over and over and over just to piss him off.

That must be the guy from Texas who was doing something similar to a net on 7195. The FCC eventually caught up to him. According to the FCC, he was constantly replaying recorded conversations on 7195 for 20 min out of a 30 min monitoring period. He's been canned.
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2014, 06:56:09 AM »

Wonder who that was?  Any links to the enforcement action?
VE7DCW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2014, 04:29:37 PM »

The problem isn't just Madera, it those here in the United States, that are causing the problem. It seems the FCC is going now finally going after those people. People who aren't IDing, and interfering. These radio "trolls" need to be taken care of. Perhaps the FCC will continue to clean up the band.

Todd N9OGL

Sort of like all your FCC problems huh Todd? ....... by the way how did that all turn out, the illegal broadcasting and power level thing? ...... inquiring minds and all that  :-)
KA5PIU

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2014, 08:23:22 PM »

Hello.

The FCC, or IC, can do very little to Madera.
http://members.shaw.ca/karolus/karol.htm
There were all the threats that the FCC was going to do this and that if I did not change my stance.
I said that "Karol Madera has more support than the ARRL at this point".
The intent was in reference to the number of signatures Madera collected, it was larger than the membership of the ARRL.
And that was in 2007!
That was 8 years ago, and Madera did have his license revoked, but got it back.
Now, he is all but untouchable!
And, that was my point.
Want to clean up 14.313? work on the USA side first!
AF5DN

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2014, 09:24:51 AM »

I think it's a real shame that some of us have come to accept music playing, profanity, and malicious interference with the notion "If you don't like it, spin the VFO."

Amateur radio has been--and needs to be--self policing, but when there is a group that does the things being done on 14.313 we ought to insist it be cleaned up.  To be sure, there are a lot of far more important issues in front of the FCC nowadays.  But that doesn't mean we should accept that even one voice channel of our spectrum should be turned into a place where the rules don't apply.
Well said.  Just remember stupid just oozes out of some people.  They can’t help it.  Just like fat guys sweating in a Texas summer.  It just going to happen.  Ya cant stop it.. ya just got to wipe up the mess and press on…
N0SYA

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2014, 05:51:33 AM »

A short listen here the other day made me realise that there are indeed radio frequencies that can make humans mentaly handicapped.

If you have a clumsy child, you make them wear a helmet. If you have death prone children, you keep a few clones of them in your lab.
KA5PIU

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2014, 05:56:21 AM »

A short listen here the other day made me realise that there are indeed radio frequencies that can make humans mentaly handicapped.

Hello.

I kicked back and listened.
Madera really is a pain in the ass.
But, listen carefully, he does not break the rules.
The stateside stations are most of the problems, Madera just gets them going!
He hangs around 1 frequency, much like a barnacle stuck in place, and feeds.
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2014, 09:17:17 AM »

Face facts.  The idiots that hang out on there have no life.  They love to get into it with each other.  As for me, when I work some DX that unforunately gets around that frequency, when I am done, I spin the dial.  Best thing anyone can do is just stay away.  If you don't scratch it, it will eventually go away.  Keep scratching and picking at it, and it may become a bigger issue.

I view the folks on there, however many there may be, as spiders.  They try to lure you in and then end up getting you into trouble.

Just avoid it.  Contaminated area.  Steer clear...
GL.
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2014, 09:40:06 AM »

Not 14313, but I see K1MAN's renewal has been turned down by the FCC.
KA5PIU

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2014, 11:31:29 AM »

Not 14313, but I see K1MAN's renewal has been turned down by the FCC.

The guy was able to hold it up for 9 years!
NJ1K

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2014, 12:21:32 PM »

I kicked back and listened.
Madera really is a pain in the ass.
But, listen carefully, he does not break the rules.
The stateside stations are most of the problems, Madera just gets them going!
He hangs around 1 frequency, much like a barnacle stuck in place, and feeds.

More like a hemorrhoid, don't ya think??
HAMMYGUY

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2014, 04:57:46 PM »

3.840, 7.255, 14.313. They are all the same.  Radio thrill seekers skirting the law and having fun by saying a curse word every 10 seconds.   I'm sure that there are many more on the East coast. 
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2014, 09:06:24 AM »

A bit more on the K1MAN saga.

http://www.arrl.org/news/fcc-invokes-red-light-rule-in-denying-k1man-license-renewal-application

has anyone heard him on recently?

The length of time it has taken makes it sound like 'Jarndyce and Jarndyce' in the Dickens' novel Bleak House!
K1DA

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2014, 08:54:58 AM »

Troll KA5PIU actually makes a post WITHOUT mentioning ZeeeeeBeeeeeeeee radio?   
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: