Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what's with 14.313?  (Read 43547 times)
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2014, 07:52:58 AM »

A bit more on the K1MAN saga.

Man, that's great news.  At least if he keys up, he's instantly illegal.  Content won't even matter now.

SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2014, 09:18:56 AM »

There is a big article in August QST about the whole situation on .313, it is in the FCC News section. I personally didnt think that they would ever do anything about it but it looks like they are beginning to now.
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2014, 09:30:00 AM »

Maybe the US Treasury is casting around for ways to get more cash!
WA2ISE

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2014, 07:15:58 PM »

Between 14.313 and a repeater in Los Angeles on 147.435, the FCC could get enough fine money to pay off the national debt.   Grin
K5TEN

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2014, 01:00:53 AM »

I wish there was an easy fix for 14.313.

I do not believe there is one. 

The the law breakers use that exact point to their advantage.

The FCC shows us that we are not on their priority list.

We are supposed to be "self policing", but it's not 1956 anymore.    In 2014, our "self-policing"  policies are toothless gums.  Bless the OO's and the vast majority are good hams helping remind good hearted ops to be a better ham.  Then again, I have personally seen OO's (decades ago) that put their own personal agenda to browbeat those who were "guilty by association" yet not law breakers.  Sad

Without the teeth of the FCC we are unable to make troublemakers disappear.  This is lower on the FCC's priority list than bad office housekeeping services, expensive snack machine costs in their lunch room, and who gets the last "big guy's" parking spot.  Reality.

USA hams have emailed, called, written snail mail letters, and the FCC still only goes after those who make the most money (commercial radio, tv, anyone that makes it worth a $20,000 fine)  We are still small potatoes for bureaucrats who are attracted to large sums because they are (shocked?) political appointees. 

I have seen hams go to all possible modes to "self-police", especially in an internet world (and sadly, real life vigilantism).  None have the teeth that a pro-active FCC could ever have.  Back in the day, an immediate cancellation of license based on true, accurate, and proveable evidence allowed the commission to stop this crap in a short period of time.  Other minions, hangers on, disappeared into the woodwork.   When there are very few "teeth" cases---the law breakers get bolder.  Bolder to the point of no fear of being brought to justice.

Now it seems the commission is so scared to blazes of lawsuits of those bad influences who think that they are untouchable that they would rather go after the big money than take away some ham's ticket and ban them permanently.  Why, in the name of cheeseburgers, does it take six or eight years to get a blatant law breaker when it could have been 1 year back in the day of strong enforcement and short fractions of tolerance even for honest mistakes before state of the art rigs and  novice ops who put the wrong coil in the wrong place and had huge harmonics (again--old days)....and were fire-engine RED with embarrassment.

Not these guys.  They see the paper tiger with no Polygrip as no threat.

Ham tickets are not a right -- they are an exam required privilege. 

If one cannot abide by the rules of the license they tested and earned by governmental trust, they do not deserve one.

W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2014, 08:37:39 AM »

Not sure what "self policing" would really be other then a lynch mob.  That isn't the answer either.  The nut from Canada is just a failure of an individual, wishing he could be like some of the successful individuals that frequent that frequency.  I pity him.  What a loser and too late in his life now to change. 

For me, I spin the dial.  I have only had a few occassions to be near that frequency, and unfortunately, if the Fed don't clean it up, it won't get cleaned up (and that goes for Industry Canada).  Easy to resolve, the characters that frequent there can turn the dial, hit  the band switch, go somewhere else but they choose to hang out there..what a waste.

If they stay there, better off for the whole of the community.  Kinda like a pot hole in the road.  Once you know its there, you tend to steer around it.  Sad it never gets patched though.... Tongue
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2014, 12:04:38 PM »

>Not sure what "self policing" would really be other then a lynch mob.  That isn't the answer either.<

I sometimes wonder if the lynch mob wouldn't be a better answer for the rest of the community......Or for some of these guys, an Anti-Radiation Missile.
N9OGL

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2014, 05:21:06 PM »

Some people in then amateur radio service, need to understand that ham radio is a hobby, and is such, shouldn't be taken so seriously. When you take a hobby to seriously it's best to step away from it and find something else to do. If someone doing something in the hobby that you don't like, ignore them and find a different frequency to play on. Some hams believe that 14.313 is the only frequency out.

Todd N9OGL
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2014, 05:26:58 AM »

I believe it is called a HARM missile....
I'm all for it...

>Not sure what "self policing" would really be other then a lynch mob.  That isn't the answer either.<

I sometimes wonder if the lynch mob wouldn't be a better answer for the rest of the community......Or for some of these guys, an Anti-Radiation Missile.
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2014, 06:19:23 AM »

HARM is High Speed Anti Radiation Missile: it is the AGM88, IIRC the number correctly. One missile which was very successfully used in Vietnam against the Soviet SA2 (Guideline - which itself dated in basic form back to 1954) - and in the Falklands - was the AGM45 Shrike. That had a problem in that the detector was a tunnel diode: nice and sensitive when new, but as the years went by, the performance degraded as the very high doping led to enough diffusion at even room temperature to eventually stop it working. The UK went for a new anti-radiation missile called ALARM - Advanced Long range Anti Radiation Missile. That had a 'loiter' mode: when the radar was turned off, it hung around for a while waiting for the radar to come back on! I did some work with regard to the log amp integrated circuits in it.
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2014, 11:44:21 AM »

Well, the feds just slapped KZ8O with a $20K fine for intentional QRM.  Be interesting if that sticks...gets some attention to the other characters on there for sure...too bad Canada won't step up and shut down the two idiots from their IARU Region....

One is vile and disgusting just to mention and the other sounds like a crackhead....313 has been a sesspool for years...I doubt it will ever clean up well....
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2014, 05:23:16 PM »

Probably the one and only time I'm all for it!

If any Feds are reading these posts......  good on 'ya and keep it up!

NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2014, 08:25:47 PM »

One less 14.313 user...

http://www.fcc.gov/document/michael-guernsey

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
N9OGL

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2014, 11:17:03 AM »

I'm NOT a friend of VE7KFM, never had been, but here something to think about in regards to Karol Madera. If he's doing something illegal, and all these people have complained about him, then why hasn't Industry Canada done anything??  According to the RAC website:

" Industry Canada will not become involved in attempting to sort out situations that appear to be personal quarreling between different groups of amateurs."

https://www.rac.ca/en/amateur-radio/regulatory/enforcement/

So when ham's here in The US interfere, and jam ve7kfm, then Industry Canada sees it as nothing more the "quarreling" between two group of ham radio operators, and therefore will not step in. Want to fix the problem, remove the problem here on the US, so Canada can fix it's problem. If your not part of the solution then your part of the problem.

Todd N9OGL
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2014, 11:39:04 AM »

OGL
I think Industry Canada just doesn't care much about what goes on, and it is far more the quarreling and carrying on.  The idiot up north talks terroism, sexual and deviant sexual issues on the air, and I could go on.  The Feds take it a bit more seriously, but even they don't act on that particular behavior either.  The Feds go after "jamming and interference" which to me is a much lesser problem.  All in all, neither side of NA really takes the appropriate action and certainly not regarding the core issues.

I just turn my dial and move on.  I doubt anything will ever get seriously resolved on that frequency.  A couple of big fines posted won't deter anyone (they won't catch me is the attitude) and if they do, they just reduce the fine and they pop up again later.  So who knows.  I am awaiting the outcome to see what really happens but I really doubt anything will ever change on that frequency.  It has been that way from when I became first licensed and back "then", there was serious enforcement.

Let's hope it does change....about all I can hope for, for everyone....
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: