Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Begalli key  (Read 17950 times)
KI6LZ

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2014, 03:40:58 PM »

Think I need some Tiger beer.
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2014, 05:08:18 PM »

I'll stick with "lion" and have a Singha.  NOT the export variety, even if it means I have to go to Bangkok to drink it!

Best tasting beer I EVER had, in 1993.

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
AA0FO

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2014, 06:00:02 AM »

I have the Graciella.  I love the key and I hardly ever use my Vibroplex paddle now.  The Graciella is unique in that it has a vertical orientation and the height of the paddle is adjustable.  I would love to have one of each available Begali but that would be a considerable investment.  The next one I purchase will be one that has magnetic spacing.  I would like to see how well that works for very closely spaced contacts.
AK7V

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2014, 08:20:32 AM »

I just got a Pearl this weekend and it's fantastic.  Best paddles I've ever used.
KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2014, 08:03:13 AM »

Another vote for the Signature. I tried one out twice at Dayton (along with their other keys) over 2 Dayton trips (also tried some N3ZN keys.. which were also very nice). At the time I think the Signature was the top end when I first looked at it. It was my favorite key to use when I tried them. I like them with the longer paddles they offer (they sent two sets of the anodized aluminum paddles of my choice). Now the Signature is probably considered one if their mid-priced keys. I hope to try some of the newer keys out if I head out to Dayton next year.
NP3K

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2014, 10:30:59 AM »

I've had my Pearl key a few years now; great key no problems. Also have a N3ZN key; it has real nice touch to it. I'm set for now, I sold all my other keys.  Smiley
I have a pictures of both in my QRZ page.

Charlie NP3K
WX2S

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2014, 01:15:26 PM »

Now have a Signature to go with my HST. I took the HST off my desk but it got lonely, so I wired the two in parallel.

- WX2S.

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
WO1X

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2014, 04:59:22 PM »

At the Hartford Convention I tried all Iambics at his booth and settled in on the Sculpture.  This is obviously very subjective really analogous to picking out golf clubs.  My wife and her Mom told me to pick out a Begali for my birthday present, they really encourage me in this great hobby.

Tom - WO1X
OK1RP

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2014, 07:43:20 AM »

Hi,

just 2c regarding the paddle using the bearings...

According to my experiences it is better to use the covered bearings instead of the open one because of the dust coming in will make issue after some time. You will need to maintaining the paddle more often compare to paddles using the covered bearings.

I used the Begali Magnetic Professional and except this task the paddle worked excellent equipped with short metal finger pieces.

Good luck,

73 - Petr, OK1RP
http://ok1rp.blogspot.com
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: