Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LNR FX4  (Read 4248 times)
K1THP

Ignore
« on: May 11, 2014, 06:01:21 PM »

LNR the distributor of the Par End Fed wire antennas has announced that they have a new QRP cw and ssb transceiver in the works. The new rig will operate on 40, 30, 20 and 17 meters. Has anyone heard anything as to when this rig will be available? It looks like a good candidate for SOTA operations (with a Par end fed antenna of course)!.

Dave   K1THP
ZENKI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 02:27:16 AM »

Hopefully it will be a 20 to 30 watt SSB rig. The 6 or so Db is  very worthwhile boost especially for SSB portable operation.

I dont know why ham manufacturers think its so dificult designing a 25 watt SSB radio.   The size difference will be minimal and they can be  easily configured
for 5 watt QRP work. Look how small the SGC2020 was, even with a small LIPO battery the SGC 2020 was a small package.  Another example is the FT857, it could even be smaller
with a 25 watt PA.

LNR the distributor of the Par End Fed wire antennas has announced that they have a new QRP cw and ssb transceiver in the works. The new rig will operate on 40, 30, 20 and 17 meters. Has anyone heard anything as to when this rig will be available? It looks like a good candidate for SOTA operations (with a Par end fed antenna of course)!.

Dave   K1THP
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 04:28:21 AM »

Latest info on the LNR sites states the FX4 is 5 watts both CW/SSB.
KC2UGV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 04:32:52 AM »

Hopefully it will be a 20 to 30 watt SSB rig. The 6 or so Db is  very worthwhile boost especially for SSB portable operation.

I dont know why ham manufacturers think its so dificult designing a 25 watt SSB radio.   The size difference will be minimal and they can be  easily configured
for 5 watt QRP work. Look how small the SGC2020 was, even with a small LIPO battery the SGC 2020 was a small package.  Another example is the FT857, it could even be smaller
with a 25 watt PA.

Dave   K1THP

It's a 5W rig.
KA2ZEY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 10:56:32 AM »

I really hope they put a tuner and/or battery option in this kit.
N7GR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 03:15:42 PM »

Hey Dave:

I have one and I think was one of the first to get one.  Have been having fun with it.  Got WAS on 30m cw already.  Nice receiver, display and easy to use.  Have gotten good reports on audio with the stock mic that it comes with.

Overall happy with the rig. 

73's,

Greg, N7GR
K1THP

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 09:27:51 AM »

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the info. Wonder how long you have had the FX-4. I am hoping that I can get one before mid July so I can try it out operating from northern VT near the VE2 border. I plan to use an Alex loop and some end fed wires for antennas and
have operated from there before. It is very quiet and a great place to mess with antennas, hiking, flat water kayaking and fishing.

Dave     K1THP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: