The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARRL National Centennial Convention VS Dayton  (Read 57517 times)
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2014, 05:51:28 PM »

Here's what you'll expect to see in the way of a venue.  This is a shot from a wellness convention held there.

A wellness convention and then a ham convention......too funny.  I guess you could call that equal time, fair and balanced, etc.

BTW, that looks great.  Indy's is much the same.  We had the NFL Experience in it during the 2012 Super Bowl, and most recently the NRA Convention.  Amazing what can be done when people give a darn.

KI6LZ

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2014, 06:01:33 PM »

A job fair would also be a good event.
N3DF

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2014, 08:20:25 PM »

As of May 27, the ARRL Centennial Convention website indicates that eight indoor flea market spaces have been reserved. 

Neil N3DF
K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2014, 05:40:07 AM »

....and so far 88 commercial exhibitors and organizations.

A flea market space isn't a bad deal at $65.  It includes one admission badge.  Additional badges are $25.  All very similar to Hamvention prices.  The seller badges also allow access to the show before and after hours too.  Commercial booth spaces are a bargain at $225 per 10'x10' space, and include a draped table and backdrop.  Compare that to an average price of $500 for a booth at Hamvention in the lovely climate controlled confines of the beautiful Hara Arena's sweaty ball rooms.

The League convention page also mentions discounted parking rates at the 8 story garage next to the center.  I imagine one will need to get their ticket validated in the convention center's lobby.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 05:49:01 AM by K3GM » Logged
N3DF

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2014, 07:21:25 PM »

I look forward to the League's Centennial convention.  However, it will be a small fraction of the Dayton Hamvention's size and much less flea market oriented. 

Neil N3DF
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: