The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arc Fault Circuit Interrupters (AFCI's)  (Read 696442 times)
KF7CG

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: July 02, 2017, 06:55:35 PM »

Here and lurking. Nothing in my house to cause problems and neighbor houses are old enough not to be a problem unless someone remodels. A lot of new homes in my area just not close to my home, but in town.
KF7CG
W5YZ

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: July 03, 2017, 06:33:28 AM »

Happy 4th of July to you and everyone out there.
W5YZ

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: July 08, 2017, 11:13:25 AM »

The ARRL is going to publish AFCI info in September:  This from Tom Gallagher:

George
As you can see from the response the article is scheduled shortly. You may not know but that date represents an accelerated time line since typical time between authors submission and publication is 6-9 months.

Tom

W4TL

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: July 15, 2017, 12:14:40 PM »

Anybody out there??

It's been a good while since I visited this forum as I have for the most part given up on operating because of the density of this 1140 home Del Webb Community (The Village at Deaton Creek). It has been at least 2 years since I have operated HF from this location.  I am in Phase III of this community and all of the 400 homes + or - in this Phase have the faulty Eaton AFCI's.

To explain how this affects unknowing amateurs I'll try to explain.  I have had 2 ham friends move into this community knowing nothing about the AFCI issue.  They bought existing homes from former residents.  Both of these amateurs began asking me about antennas, etc and were about to try to get on the air.  I advised them to seek information about the Eaton AFCI's and make their own decision about trying to get on the air in this neighborhood.  I advised them that when they started operating that they were going to get to meet their new neighbors real quick.  After reading information on this forum and others they both decided it would be best if they didn't try because of the inherent problems associated with these devices.

This is the whole point of this issue, when an unsuspecting amateur moves into a neighborhood full of these devilish devices they are going to be in for a rude awakening (my 2 ham friends certainly were).   

I hope everyone is doing well and I will be waiting to see how much in depth the ARRL will publish this new information about the AFCI issue.  Will it be a few sentences or will it be an in depth article (which in MHO it should be)?  We'll just have to wait and see.

73'

Terry, W4TL
W5YZ

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: July 17, 2017, 06:31:29 AM »

Welcome back Terry.  Hope you sent this to Tom Gallagher.
K3LRH

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: July 17, 2017, 07:20:21 AM »

Welcome back Terry.  Hope you sent this to Tom Gallagher.

Yep. welcome back.  Hoping that something "good" comes out of this.  We have Eaton breakers in out 3 y.o. house, but they are not arc fault type.  September QST is not that far off...reading August right now.  GL 73
Pages: Prev 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: