Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: icom 706mk2 non g  (Read 2538 times)
M3PSK

Ignore
« on: May 28, 2014, 09:13:15 AM »

Hi guys, i hope this is the correct section of the forum.

I have the above radio and am looking to take it mobile in the car on hf and vhf, since icom have discontinued the opc-581 separation kit for the radio they have become very hard to find in the uk for sale on the 2nd hand market.

Question is will the opc-1443 for the ic-7000 work?? From the low res pictures i have seen they look to be the same connectors but without ever having seen either in the flesh it is very hard to tell and i can not seem to use google to pin down my answer.

If not, does anybody have any ideas on an alternative. For example where i can buy the connectors from to make one or an aftermarket supplier.

Many thanks all.
G7DIE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 11:01:17 AM »

Hi Matt,

Icom are no slouch when it comes to making money from their accessories, so as you can probably guess it doesn't fit. I have the same model 706 as you and thought it would be a doddle when I bought an IC7000, how wrong could I be Shocked
M3PSK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 02:17:28 AM »

Hiya Stephen,

Thanks for the reply, that is unfortunately what i thought it might be. It just really surprises me with how many 706's that are still about why they are not making bits for them anymore.

Need to keep my eyes on ebay me thinks.
MM0TFU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 03:48:17 PM »

Matt,

DX Engineering in the States have the OPC-581 in stock, according to their website, but it's $70 (approx £42) plus shipping. Might be worth trying if you can't find anything over this side of the pond.
M3PSK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 12:06:01 PM »

Thanks you for all the replies guys. I have had one donated to me by a local ham.

For anyone reading this from a google search result the above tip is on the money I have emailed dx engineering over the pond and they do indeed have them in stock brand new which from what I have seen is the only place world wide that has them.

Thanks to mm0tfu for the tip
MM0TFU

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 10:40:48 AM »

Good to hear that you got sorted out Matt, and glad to be of assistance.

For the record, DX Engineering are great to deal with, and if they say they have something in stock ready for shipping, you can bet your boots on that being correct. Wish all suppliers were as honest and reliable as DXE.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: