Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PSK31 digipan  (Read 739 times)
W9JR

Ignore
« on: April 11, 2007, 08:43:31 AM »

Suggestions?  When I am in digipan, it said that I should click on configure to see the waterfall drive and the transmitter drive.  When I do, nothing comes up ... and I'm supposed to see sliders that I can adjust.

Any suggestions as to why I don't she what I'm supposed to see?
KI4TJJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 11:25:26 AM »

It would help if you could tell us what operating system you have. I just installed Digipan last night on my Windows XP laptop and it went without a hitch. Some of the older Windows versions will not be as seemless as they will not automatically configure your system to run the new software properly.

The only other thing at this point is to make sure your correct soundcard is selected in the soundcard menu under the configure tab.
W9JR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 03:45:19 PM »

I bought a new computer with WindowsVISTA --- wish I had my WindowsXP back.  I wonder if I should take it back and have XP installed as well as VISTA.  
KI4TJJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 10:06:08 PM »

VISTA! HAH! Most likely the culprit. The majority of problems that people are having is driver issues with the new operating system. Good luck getting the operating system swapped. Most retailers will tell you that the computer you bought will not work with anything other than VISTA. They are full of it but that is most likely what they will tell you.
KI4TJJ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 03:41:28 PM »

Ok, I was looking in PC Magazine today when I came across an article about loading BOTH os on your hard drive. It involves partitioning your hard drive to make the computer think it has 2 HDDs. Load VISTA on one and XP on the other. Use the XP side for your ham stuff and everything else that will not work for VISTA yet. Best of both worlds and it most likely will not void the warranty on your computer.
WU3D

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 04:29:49 PM »

Hi Guys,
I'm operating a new computer with Windows Vista.  I run MixW, ham radio deluxe, and also Digipan 2.0 without any trouble at all.  I think Windows Vista gets a bad rap because people are afraid of it.  True there are some difficulties with drivers however, new drivers are coming out every day.  My signal link USB runs perfectly using Windows Vista.
So maybe the DigiPan 2.0 was just installed incorrectly?

Good luck,
Don
KD0AFQ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 09:19:42 AM »

One quick thing...I recently installed some Ham software that apparently was having compatibility issues with Vista, there is an option in Vista to right click on the program you are going to open and click on "properties", from there you can select "run in XP mode" or something to that affect...It installed perfectly after I did that. Also, make sure you are running the install program in Administrator mode, otherwise it may get a bit flakey..Smiley

Steve
G0GQK

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 12:22:29 PM »

There are big problems with Vista and many large corporations are refusing to use Vista. Any computer salesman will say Vista is OK and its all rumours etc.
but if the big corporations are waiting for problems to be solved it shows all is not well.

G0GQK
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: