Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Outlook2013; help needed to understand Outlook2013!  (Read 2891 times)
AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 12:49:10 PM »

You should call tech support (at Comcast) and tell them what you are trying to do. This is the kind of "easy" call they like to get. They have procedures for this...
KB3VWG

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2014, 01:12:54 PM »

OK...what I call "Comcast", you call "WEBMAIL"; nevertheless, I made use of your link just now where I found the same folders and the test-email is not there.
I did notice, after I logged-in, in the box that has the web-address that 'zimbra' is apparently used by Comcast; it was just a little while ago that I first found out about 'zimbra' and the article rated it lower than gmail or outlook.
73 Jerry KM3K

I'd have to agree with AE4RV, give Comcast Support a call.

I'm not quite certain where zimbra falls into play here (unless you're just referencing that's the webmail software Comcast uses). You originally stated you were having an issue with Outlook 2013 displaying multiple sent folders, so I wanted you to use the website instead of Outlook.

When logging into Comcast, you should see: Inbox, Sent, Drafts, Spam and Trash. If you see other folders, you may need to have your email account reset.

You then told me that you are in fact accessing Comcast email through the website (webmail) and not Outlook 2013. Since that's the case, and upon logging in, you also see two folders, you'll need to contact Comcast anyways. I recommend you have all devices you want configured for Comcast email available when you call, they should be able to fix your folders, walk you through setting up your email clients and making sure your Sent Items appear across all devices.
KM3K

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2014, 03:01:05 PM »

I'd have to agree with AE4RV, give Comcast Support a call.
Yep...will do.

I'm not quite certain where zimbra falls into play here (unless you're just referencing that's the webmail software Comcast uses).
When I'm at the Comcast site (which I think you call WEBMAIL) reading my XYL's email, this is the first part of that site's address:
"http://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail........"; notice the word 'zimbra'.
Had I not, earlier in the day, read about 'zimbra', I would not have even noticed 'zimbra' there.
BTW, had I pasted the entire address, anyone could actually see her emails.

When logging into Comcast, you should see: Inbox, Sent, Drafts, Spam and Trash. If you see other folders, you may need to have your email account reset.
When logged-into Comcast, I do indeed see the five folders you mention plus two more....."Deleted Items" and "Sent Items".
I'll bring this up with Comcast-Support when I make the call.

You then told me that you are in fact accessing Comcast email through the website (webmail) and not Outlook 2013. Since that's the case, and upon logging in, you also see two folders, you'll need to contact Comcast anyways. I recommend you have all devices you want configured for Comcast email available when you call, they should be able to fix your folders, walk you through setting up your email clients and making sure your Sent Items appear across all devices.
Let me write that I can access my XYL's email with either of two ways, namely----Comcast or Outlook2013.
My XYL prefers Outlook, only because she's used Outlook2003 for many years, she is familiar with it and has no interest in learning something else.
For me, I prefer Comcast because I can access my email at the family's computer or my ham-radio computer; everything is kept in just one place.
I'm aware about MS's OneDrive but, for me, that is just another layer of complexity (I like simple.)
Anyway, lets see what happens with the call to Comcast-Support and getting stuff properly set-up with the 'Sent' vs 'Sent Items', etc.
Thanks for all the input; I'll come back after the call.
73 Jerry KM3K
AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2014, 08:08:18 AM »

Outlook can be set to leave the messages on the mail server so you can continue to enjoy the web-mail convenience on multiple PCs.
KM3K

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2014, 09:38:33 AM »

Outlook can be set to leave the messages on the mail server so you can continue to enjoy the web-mail convenience on multiple PCs.
OK; I've just looked at Outlook to do this suggestion but could find nothing about it.
What should I being looking for?
73 Jerry KM3K
AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2014, 11:03:58 AM »

OK; I've just looked at Outlook to do this suggestion but could find nothing about it.
What should I being looking for?
73 Jerry KM3K

This only pertains to POP3 email accounts which is likely what you have. This option is in your "Account settings".

"Read POP3 e-mail messages on multiple computers":
https://office.microsoft.com/client/helppreview.aspx?AssetId=HP101024439990&lcid=1033&NS=OUTLOOK&Version=12&pid=CH010062215&CTT=4

This is from Outlook 2007 Help (the version I have). All email clients I've used at home have this option. Basically you want to adjust your account settings to retrieve a copy of your email from the POP3 server, not the whole file then delete it from the server. This allows multiple computers and web-mail clients to still see the email on the server.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2014, 11:32:17 AM »

Basically you want to adjust your account settings to retrieve a copy of your email from the POP3 server, not the whole file then delete it from the server. This allows multiple computers and web-mail clients to still see the email on the server.

Actually you simply check leave message on server because you retrieve message fully and delete by default with POP and other computers have to be set likewise.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2014, 11:35:18 AM »

if I had two cents for every time you give it....

(Just kidding Man!!   Grin  )
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: