Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: eQSL to HRD Logbook  (Read 1624 times)
KR4VT

Ignore
« on: June 13, 2014, 03:15:46 PM »

I recently experienced a totally hard drive failure and lost my HRD Logbook.  I found where I can download an ADIF file from eQSL and load that into my new copy of HRD and restore most of my contacts.

My problem is that the eQSL download process is creating a text file even though I am selecting ADIF on the second page of the process. I'm certain I'm botching it somewhere, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

KR4VT
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 04:09:40 PM »

At any time did you use HRDLog.net? There is a choice in the configuration to automatically upload to HRDLog if you did you can down load your log from there. Also did you have your log  setup to automatically back-up your log on another Drive? If so your log is there (You do back-up your log right?). Also if you upload to LOTW you can use the the K1MU LOTW Query page to download all of your QSO's and QSL's here www.rickmurphy.net/lotwquery.htm . There is a way to save the eqsl file as a .ADI file but I am fuzzy on that since I have not done it in quite awhile. I do feel your pain I have had to do this a few times befor I started backing up to 2 different drive one being in the Cloud so if I ever had the house burn down I will never have to try to rebuild my log the hard way. BTW HRD is the best program I ever found for logging period.
KR4VT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 07:55:58 PM »

Unfortunately I did not back up the log or use LOTW, etc.  Certainly I will going forward.......live and learn.  What gets me is eQSL having the ability to provide the ADIF file but I cannot get it to work. I know it has to be something I'm overlooking but I have not been able to pinpoint it so Fay

KR4VT
W9BU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 08:59:06 AM »

An ADIF file is a text file. It is formatted with specific tags per the ADIF standard.

If I go to my eQSL outbox, there's a link at the bottom of the logbook table of contents which reads "Download Log in ADIF format". If I click on that link, the next screen lets me select either a .ADI file or a .TXT file. If I click on the .ADI file selection, the resulting file is loaded into Chrome as if it were a text file, but it is formatted for ADIF. If I have Chrome save that file, it wants to save it as a .TXT file, but I can change the extension to .ADI. I can then open the saved file in ADIFMaster and it sees the file as an ADIF file.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: