Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hats personalized with call sign - where to buy?  (Read 4482 times)
KK4MRN

Ignore
« on: June 17, 2014, 08:05:07 AM »

ARRL Field Day is coming up and I would like a hat with my call sign on it.  This way - if there is a ham I run into - they will recognize my call sign.   

Where can I buy a hat personalized with my call sign?
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 08:33:57 AM »

ARRL Field Day is coming up and I would like a hat with my call sign on it.  This way - if there is a ham I run into - they will recognize my call sign.  

I won a really nice hat from HOTPRESS.  The hat is well made, looks good, and is colorful.  All in all a very well constructed hat.  While I did not have to pay for it, (won it on their web page contest), I would have bought it had I seen one.  

While these folks make really great hats, they are not really good a promotion...  I got a Business card with the hat, and it does not have a web address on it!  Here is the web address:

http://www.hotpresstshirts.com/

The phone number is 253-862-8322, or 1-800-862-1221

I have no affiliation with these folks, just got a free hat from them on their web page contest once...

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 08:37:01 AM by NK7Z » Logged

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
KE6EE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 09:38:17 AM »

You can get custom made call sign badges from several places on the web. Some priced below $10. Can be put on your hat of choice or on your shirt or anywhere else decent.  Grin
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 09:55:41 AM »

I got my ham radio embroidered caps at Personal Accents, Stuart and Elaine Cohen, owners.  Their email is (was) call4cmb@Erols.com.  The phone number listed on their business card is: 301-774-9182.

Their listed address is: PO Box 327  Olney, MD 20830.

They sell hats of just about any color you wish and their embroidery is first class.  They advertise that "No job is too small."  Prices are in my opinion, quite reasonable.

I have no idea if they're still in business OM.  You just have to call or write.

(I got my hats and work done when they attended the Berryville, VA hamfest)
KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 10:30:13 AM »

I'm trying to find a hat like the one i had before.

I'll describe what I had.. the hat was a khacki tan color, the bill part was a green (kinda a faded green?) It just had my call letters (in green to match the bill) and then my name in script. I really liked the hat.. I picked it up in Dayton last time I went several years ago. Unfortunately the hat had something spilled on it which pretty much destroyed it Sad I've been looking but no such luck yet.
KI5WW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 02:34:04 PM »

Absolutely, positively, Astrid's. For me anyhow

Chec the eham reviews under Ham radio call signs accessories.

Great company
AE5JU

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 08:51:05 PM »

Sign Man of Baton Rouge has all kinds of ham swag, including caps.

http://www.thesignman.com/hat/index.html

Paul - AE5JU
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 09:34:25 PM »

ARRL Field Day is coming up and I would like a hat with my call sign on it.  This way - if there is a ham I run into - they will recognize my call sign.   

I got a hat from this fellow, and have gotten many nice comments on it...

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
W5FYI

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 11:57:33 PM »

Call around to your local trophy/award shops and to local embroiderers. Most will have the capability to personalize a hat for you, or advise you where you can get it done. Almost any tailor shop that has a "smart" sewing machine can embroider a hat or patch for you.

When I was TDY to South Korea many years ago, I had a local embroiderer make me half a dozen patches emblazoned with my call sign. It was cheap, and an easy way to ID my ball cap, vest, etc. I bet that an eBay search will find similar services.

Stores like Hobby Lobby also have heat-transfer lettering kits to enable you to do it yourself.

Of course, the other responses are valid as well.

73, Stew

KS2G

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 04:20:45 AM »

Another vote for Hotpress:

Good quality hat -- great embroidery.  Wink

The Signman is great for badges -- he did a custom design from pdf artwork for our contest club ... but his hats are ink-transfer, not embroidery.
WD4CHP

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 05:59:20 AM »

We have a specialty shop in the mall that will put anything you want on a hat and you do not have to wait by the mail box.
SWL2002

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 07:19:50 AM »

Please forget about the hat with callsign emblazoned on it.  It just makes you look like a dork.
N5INP

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2014, 10:17:09 AM »

Please forget about the hat with callsign emblazoned on it.  It just makes you look like a dork.

Agree.

I will, never, ever, ever, wear such a dorky thing as a hat with my callsign on it.  Undecided
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: