Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plasma TV production to end soon.  (Read 15531 times)
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2014, 07:14:55 AM »

Quit engaging JX and he will go away. Just like SDX.
He will never be wrong even when the brakes finally fail. Grin Grin

Didn't think anyone else noticed.   Grin
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2014, 03:11:37 PM »

Quit engaging JX and he will go away. Just like SDX.
He will never be wrong even when the brakes finally fail. Grin Grin

Didn't think anyone else noticed.   Grin

I apologize to everyone.  If I had known what I was dealing with this thread would have only had two pages.  Instead because I thought I was arguing with a rational human being I kept on debating him.  

Once again I regret wasting people time on this.  

73s
Rob
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2014, 07:53:09 PM »

don't apologize, i kept tuning back in hoping for more  Cheesy  

it's been entertaining; i've learned that videophiles like plasma and some non-videophiles take whatever the market decides as gospel.  you reluctantly kept it going only because you wanted to provide the plasma detractors with relevant info that could tune out their resistance should they decide to open their minds.  you sort of exemplified the way patient reasoning can sometimes be ineffective, but you also showed it works wonders for those with ears to hear.  73
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2014, 01:50:45 AM »

Thanks  Smiley. It's good to know that all those hours where not wasted.
I really do appreciate your words and all the support I got from the open minded people.

73s
Rob

K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2014, 04:50:36 AM »

....it's been entertaining; i've learned that....

Well I've learned that if the key contributors to this thread spent as much time and effort on the air as they did here, they'd have earned WAC, WAS, DXCC, WAZ, VUCC, LoTW Triple Play......  I missed some good ones just reading this.....
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2014, 10:27:20 AM »

LOL, well you also learned that each ham does things differently.

It would be really boring if ham radio was like a model railroad and everyone just sat there and watched the little train go around in a circle all day. That is operating as well!

And only you control how much time you spend reading here.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2014, 06:03:02 AM »

I apologize to everyone.  If I had known what I was dealing with this thread would have only had two pages.  Instead because I thought I was arguing with a rational human being I kept on debating him.  

Once again I regret wasting people time on this.  

73s
Rob

No need for the apology.  Sometimes the only way to find these things out is to do as you've done--debate.  The only thing is that for some people here it isn't a debate, it's that they're position is gospel, no matter what the subject, they're never wrong.  It just so happens that the 'gentleman' you've been going back and forth with is one of those.  73!
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2014, 06:05:23 AM »

Speaking of that gentleman, to the subject--who really cares about it, since it really doesn't apply--even remotely--to ham radio?   Grin
N6GND

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2014, 03:01:48 PM »

Speaking of that gentleman, to the subject--who really cares about it, since it really doesn't apply--even remotely--to ham radio?   Grin

Oh but it does. Turn on your plasma TV; turn on your ham radio and listen to your plasma TV.

Grin Grin Grin
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2014, 03:36:33 PM »

isn't it rather that the lack of proper RF shielding in the cheap plasma models crosses the boundary into our hobby's domain, but there was no need to throw out the baby with the bath water ... ?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 03:38:43 PM by K9AIM » Logged
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2014, 05:40:46 AM »

Oh but it does. Turn on your plasma TV; turn on your ham radio and listen to your plasma TV.

Grin Grin Grin

If you want to look at it that way, every piece of electronic gear affects ham radio.  Kind of unrealistic.
N6GND

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2014, 07:18:34 PM »

If you want to look at it that way, every piece of electronic gear affects ham radio.  Kind of unrealistic.

Pretty realistic around here. The plasma TV monitor here is very noisy. No other electronic device in my house comes near. If there were a problem operating while the plasma monitor is on, I'd do some work to eliminate the problem. But there isn't.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2014, 02:34:55 AM »

isn't it rather that the lack of proper RF shielding in the cheap plasma models crosses the boundary into our hobby's domain, but there was no need to throw out the baby with the bath water ... ?

If it was just that issue alone plasma would be fine.
The Problem is the future viability in a market where LED has control.
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2014, 07:28:55 AM »

If it was just that issue alone plasma would be fine.
The Problem is the future viability in a market where LED has control.

I suppose small screen & battery operation practicalities (tablets. smartphones, laptops) dictates quite a bit?
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: