Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D104 Silver Eagle PLUS  (Read 7508 times)
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 11:36:52 AM »

Well, it's not that Don 'hates' D-104's.  In fact he has helped many hams, especially AM'ers match D-104's to various radios, and I've never seen him disparage them.

Shiny gold Cadillacs with shag carpet, fuzzy dice and wheel spinners are rare too.  It doesn't mean they are specially valuable.  Wink
K4ASZ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 11:47:33 AM »

Thanks WIG and  QAA ,
  I guess he just rubbed me the wrong way saying it was junk then never offered any information on the mic . As you can see from the pictures it has options that I have never found on a D104 before and am trying to locate information on it .
  Thanks for the replies guys
73s
K4ASZ

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 09:46:33 AM »

A friend of mine contacted the old astatic company and found a guy that has been with the company for almost 40 years . He is trying to find info on that mic for me and so far he thinks it might have been a very limited run mic and probably anywhere from 150 to 1000 made being a prototype mic because as you can see from the pictures there are no ad on parts or has been altered from the factory . That explains why there is little to no info on the internet. Just keeping it up to date because i see this thread has had 1000 hits so some people are interested in the information.  I would have thought someone here would have seen or had one of these before .
 Thanks
73S
KE4JOY

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 01:27:28 PM »

"Rare" or not I think you are going to be disappointed at the 'value' you can get for it.
K4ASZ

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 03:11:19 PM »

Thank JOY,
  I'm pretty much aware that its not worth more than"maybe " a few hundred tops to the right collector If they even wanted it but I just find it curious that no one has been able to tell me anything about it .
  I am really just wanting to know because no one has any idea what it is ,and I cant find even a reference on it in any catalog or magazine. I guess I shoulnt have said I was selling to get an amp and even then I am just putting spare money away to get a 600 watt amp but everything helps and gets me closer to getting my amp.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 08:08:10 AM »

I've just read that the company's final edition of the D104 line, the D-104 Silver Eagle, is list priced at $199.95.  That Mike includes brighter chrome plating AND a specially made display case.  Just my .02, but I doubt that you'll get any more than about $100 for yours, at least until the mike becomes a genuine 'antique.'

FYI, the Astatic company was bought out by the BarJan company in 2006, a company that has truckers and truck stops as it's major outlets and that concentrates its offerings on radios, sound systems and truckers gear.  The D104 was last produced in 2001, and that mike was probably one of the last offerings of the distinguished D104 line.
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 09:28:57 AM »

KM4ASZ,
Thanks for posting.  It definitely is an interesting version.  Astatic used every trick in the book the last few years to generate business and stay afloat.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: