Automatic audio leveling circuit

(1/4) > >>

:
Just in case there's some interest here...

A friend asked me about putting together a circuit that would equalize the volume level of the various signals received on his scanner.  Here's a video describing and demonstrating the circuit.  The circuit expects "speaker level" signals, typically 500-600mVpp or larger at the input.  It outputs signals at about 40-50mVpp, suitable for an auxiliary audio amp (which is what he was planning to use):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h0FZJYXQ_w

:
Alan:  Great circuit.  I presently have a slight headache trying to determine where to use this circuit first!  I'm hearing impaired and have to use headphones for everything....which includes this computer and two "Audio Enhancers" I built some time ago.  

The problem I have is each time I view an online video, rather it's here on eHam or Fox News, I quite often get a painful blast of audio before I can adjust the volume.

I'm very anxious to try this circuit.  Many thanks!

:
Quote from: K8AXW on June 30, 2014, 09:02:45 AM

Alan:  Great circuit.  I presently have a slight headache trying to determine where to use this circuit first!  I'm hearing impaired and have to use headphones for everything....which includes this computer and two "Audio Enhancers" I built some time ago.  

The problem I have is each time I view an online video, rather it's here on eHam or Fox News, I quite often get a painful blast of audio before I can adjust the volume.

I'm very anxious to try this circuit.  Many thanks!

I hope it works well for you!

Ludvig R:
Thank you for this neat circuit, it actually works so good that i made a PCB for it.
The PCB can be ordered here:  
https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/gIatmFI5
i added two 1N4148 (D5, D6) at the output for protection, they can be omitted,
other than that it is the original layout.

Connections:
UTG - Out ground
UTS - Out signal
ING - Input ground
INS - Input signal
GND & 12V ...well....  ;)

ps. OSHpark is a great community PCB fab. www.oshpark.com

Ned E. Stevens:
Thank you for such a simple neat circuit
73 Ned K7ELP

Navigation

[0] Message Index