Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats going on with Yahoo Forums.  (Read 4156 times)
KD8MJR

Ignore
« on: July 01, 2014, 02:04:38 PM »

Every forum I try on IE and Firefox is dead.  I keep getting some message that the website is trying to direct me to a link that does not exist (or some rubbish like that).   It's been over a week and I cannot access any of the forums.
Has anybody been able to log into a Yahoo forum?

G8YMW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 03:12:20 PM »

No probs here.
Tried emptying the cache and dumping the cookies?

73 details Tony
Sent by WW2 Royal Navy signal lamp
KI4OYV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 05:46:39 PM »

Working OK here also. Nashville TN area.... Huh
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 06:57:14 PM »

Very odd, I cannot load the forums on three different computers and my Iphone.
After reading G8YMW post I tried a PC at work that I had never used on Yahoo groups and the page loaded fine.  I am seeing a number of posts on the web saying Yahoo groups is not working with Firefox or IE but loads fine with Chrome.  On the other hand there are some people saying it works fine for them.  Oh well I will just wait a couple of days and see if it sorts it's self out.

Thanks
Rob
K7MEM

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 07:18:44 PM »

Oh well I will just wait a couple of days and see if it sorts it's self out.

I have never had my computer heal itself.

I belong to about 10 Yahoo groups, but I get their digest sent to me every morning. So I don't have to visit them very often. However, I checked some of my groups and they all seem to be working fine.

But about 2 weeks ago I started getting error messages from sites that I knew shouldn't be a problem. After looking around a while I deleted my "Cached Web Content".

Tools --> Options --> Advanced --> Network

My only guess is that something got corrupted in the cached data. After I cleared the cache, everything worked correctly again. If you delete the cached data your browser may seem slow for a while. But it will speed up again as it caches more data. I use Firefox 30.0.

Martin - K7MEM

http://www.k7mem.com
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 07:46:01 PM »

Hi Martin

What I meant was that I figured Yahoo had changed some code and in he process created some compatibility issues.   I figured they would fix it within a week or so.

I did try clearing the Cache but I still have the same problem.

I just found this.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1008031

Thats exactly the time I also started to have the problem so it is something that Yahoo did to their system.  I will try the fix suggested and see what happens.

Rob

Update:
It works after i removed all the yahoo cookies.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 07:54:33 PM by KD8MJR » Logged
K2DFC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 11:24:25 AM »

I belong to about a dozen Yahoo Groups. But about 2 months ago I found I can no longer join any new Groups. I get a message asking me to create a profile. I already have one. But after "Xing" out the message I can't go any farther. This has also happened on all my computers. Yahoo Customer Care has been on the case, but tells me they can't find anything wrong with my account. They personally signed me up for the last Group I joined as I can't do it. Also about a month ago my Spell Check stopped working in Yahoo Mail. Click on Spell Check and it would erase any text typed in a new mail letter or mail reply. But after about 3 weeks that started working again.

Fred K2DFC
KU7PDX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 01:19:50 PM »

I haven't had any issues... Visit a couple times a day using Google Chrome with HTTPS Everywhere extension.

Chris - KU7PDX
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 03:38:06 PM »

I belong to about a dozen Yahoo Groups. But about 2 months ago I found I can no longer join any new Groups. I get a message asking me to create a profile. I already have one. But after "Xing" out the message I can't go any farther. This has also happened on all my computers. Yahoo Customer Care has been on the case, but tells me they can't find anything wrong with my account. They personally signed me up for the last Group I joined as I can't do it. Also about a month ago my Spell Check stopped working in Yahoo Mail. Click on Spell Check and it would erase any text typed in a new mail letter or mail reply. But after about 3 weeks that started working again.

Fred K2DFC
Sorry to hear that Fred.  Maybe clearing the cookies might help you also.  I know many people say everything Yahoo related works fine on Chrome, but I am already giving Google so much info about myself that I refuse to use Chrome.  Plus it's a resource hog.    One thing is for certain, of all the major internet players Yahoo is the worst run!  The forums have been using the same core code for about a decade and for the most part it's changed very little.
K3NB

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 03:55:55 PM »

Good to hear this.

I'm using Safari and have had issues loading messages for about a week.

Two different computers, same OS/browser.  Click on anything and get a little "loading" message at the top of the page and... nothing.  Minutes, hours later the data shows up.

Real hit or miss.  Today they're loading fine.

I didn't clear a cache or anything.

I blame Bush... ahem, Yahoo!

Norm

"Every man, woman, and responsible child has an unalienable individual, civil, Constitutional, and human right to obtain, own, and carry, openly or concealed, any weapon -- rifle, shotgun, handgun, machinegun, anything -- any time, any place, without asking anyone's permission." - L. Niel Smith
WA2ISE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 04:53:08 PM »

Update:
It works after i removed all the yahoo cookies.

me too.  Using firefox 30.0
W4KYR

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 09:31:01 PM »

I had the same issue trying to read the Yahoo groups. Like others, I deleted the Yahoo Cookies and the Yahoo groups worked perfectly after that.

Thanks for the excellent tip

Still using Windows XP Pro.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: