Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Android L  (Read 5407 times)
W8JX

Ignore
« on: July 02, 2014, 06:14:36 AM »

Google is releasing a major update to Android OS this fall. Also known as 5 it will radiculy change the way you use your phone. Early reviews place it well ahead of yet to be released IOS 8 in features and performance. Time will soon tell.

--------------------------------------
You can embrace new computer/tablet technology and change with it or cling to old fall far behind....
KA8SEP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 07:02:31 PM »

L? isn't that the roman number 50? shouldn't it be a V.
G8YMW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 03:40:27 AM »

No, Android have named their recent O/S revisions alphabetically (And after snacks)

Ice cream Sandwich
Jelly Bean
Kit Kat
L (probably not thought of a name?)

73 de Tony
Sent by WW2 Royal Navy signal lamp
WG8Z

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 10:58:12 PM »

Radically change the way we use our phone. I doubt it..
A little fluff, a little polish and some tweaking of the code to play better with the hardware....
Radical maybe compared with the Kitkat bugfest.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 05:02:09 AM »

Radically change the way we use our phone. I doubt it..
A little fluff, a little polish and some tweaking of the code to play better with the hardware....
Radical maybe compared with the Kitkat bugfest.

From what I have seen it will be a big change unlike apple's tweaks that they call major upgrades. Android is maturing and evolving.

You can embrace new computer/tablet technology and change with it or cling to old fall far behind....
WG8Z

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 08:14:52 AM »

If it's stable and they fix the battery drain/wakelock issues, forceclose problems, memory leaks,
wi-fi connectivity issues, streaming video/audio problems and bluetooth problems they introduced with kitkat and the device behaves like it should and does what they say it should. Then YES I would call it a major upgrade....

Running Android since Cupcake so I've been around the horn with Android and Google.
Current devices:
Nexus 7 4.4.4 kitkat
Moto G  4.4.3 kitkat

Really Enjoyed Jellybean on both after the OTA patchs.  Very Smooth and stable with phenomenal battery life... Then came kitkat and stole the joy.

I hope your right. I'm still skeptical.
I've heard their song and dance before.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 10:19:52 AM »

It is supposed to be first version with built in advanced power management. New screen/folder arrangement and many other changes. L was supposed to have been released a few months ago but was delayed for more enhancements. 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 were tweaks to buy time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: