Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doing the "Right Thing" .... is it really that hard?  (Read 19335 times)
NT6U

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 05:10:31 AM »

he lamented so much about being good for the funds, a Christian, etc.     

"C.W.C."----"Christian when convenient"  Sadly I've seen allot of this manipulation.  Grin
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 07:01:32 AM »

"Doing the "Right Thing" .... is it really that hard?"

Sadly, to all too many, it is.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 10:36:52 AM »

"C.W.C."----"Christian when convenient"  Sadly I've seen allot of this manipulation.  Grin

Yep.  FWIW, many large Evangelical churches will keep a listing of legit Christian businesses, mostly contractors and car repair people, since that's where most complaints come from.

N7RST

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 02:49:51 PM »

Well, for me "christian" or not, a man should be honorable.  IZ outright lied and was dishonest with me and VXM just played innocent and wouldn't man up.  Either to me, is as bad as the other.  Sad what examples either are presenting to the family, friends, associates, but someday, it will catch up with them.
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 03:22:14 PM »

yup, karma will even things out in the long run.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2014, 02:49:02 AM »

You'd hope so.  Just had an electrician do some work in our home and he told a story of a guy who had him work all day on his place and then demanded to be billed through the mail.  Once the electrician realized that he forgot to get the guy to sign the estimate, the guy later played the "who are you?" game, and the electrician was stiffed for the whole job with no recourse.

"Gain the whole world and lose your soul...."
K1PJR

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2014, 04:52:47 AM »

On a smaller scale:

I sent a QSL card to a DX with $2. When his card arrived he also sent back the $2. I sent him an email and thanked him for his honesty.

A business client once told me, "trust no one except your mother. But if you lend her money, have her sign for it". Sad but true. When it comes to a financial transaction it's strictly business. Unfortunately you can't assume people are trustworthy.
N7RST

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2014, 08:59:20 AM »

Nor if called on the carpet they will step forward and rectify the issue, you practically have to threaten, etc., and even then likely, they won't be honest....sad but true....
N7RST

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2014, 07:35:28 PM »

I know or gut feel is, VXM won't be sending that reimbursement for the damaged radio he sent me (even though it was supposedly being sent 2 days later - over a week plus ago). 

Man, they sure like to spread it thick...
N7RST

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2014, 02:45:19 PM »

Well, enough is enough.  In KC2VXM's own words over a week ago, he stated he would be sending me a reimbursement for the costs to fix his radio. Not only did I have to pay $200 to repair the internal damage, $25 to ship it to the repair  facility, and another $100 to replace the cover (back cover (bottom)) was bent and scratched nicely (not mentioned to me either), I sent an email today informing him that the imaginary reimbursement he told me he would be sending in a couple of days never got here.  I just recommended if he had sent it (which I damn well knew he hadn't) he might want to trace the mailing.  Of course, I knew all along this was a joke and he is just jerking me around.  Email back today, "trace what".  

End of story.  Burned and dealing with someone with no integrity or honesty.  Live and learn thru these crappy experiences.  Well, someday, he may get the same done to him.  If not, perhaps in the next.  I sleep well at night knowing I have never cheated, lied or stolen from anyone, at anytime.  Sucks to be him I suppose.

And if he ever wakes up to do the "right thing", albeit been over a month now, I can delete the post but until then.....

Cheers
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 03:24:07 PM by W9BKR » Logged
K6CPO

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2014, 01:36:11 PM »

That is so true.  I do, however, when someone throws the word "Christian" into their speech, to demonstrate that character or at least a better character trait then dishonesty and throwing out insults, etc.  But, I look at it this way, I have my faults, and so do others....

I've found in 68 years of life that self-proclaimed "Christians" are sometimes the nastiest, bigoted and most dishonest people around...
N7RST

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2014, 03:06:21 PM »

They do tend to stand out more, that is for certain......
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2014, 05:14:14 PM »

I've found in 68 years of life that self-proclaimed "Christians" are sometimes the nastiest, bigoted and most dishonest people around...

It just doesn't matter.  One thing about life is that nobody gets out alive.  There will come a day......
N7RST

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2014, 02:36:42 PM »

"I an going to send you the money soon about another week"

Funny, that was 2 weeks ago, and you guessed it, another week later, NADA.....
N7RST

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2014, 01:26:46 PM »

And if that isn't bad enough, it is going back into repair as more damage internal to the radio was found.  Fortunately, Cal, Ham Repair, will take care of it for me.  I just have to again, pay for shipping it over.  This has been a costly transaction for me.  I still have emails stalling, BSing, whatever about doing the right thing, which hasn't happened yet, and likely, never will.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: