The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Ham Radio Deluxe?  (Read 51036 times)
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2014, 09:52:37 AM »

It appears to me the TOPIC of this discussion is "Why Ham Radio Deluxe?"  I don't see a thing in the topic that mentions Ham Radio Deluxe VS DXLab.  Again Dave, AA6YQ, must jump in and start promoting freeware. 
I didn't introduce DXLab to this thread; other posters did that. I responded to their posts.

AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2014, 10:03:07 AM »

Dave, AA6YQ, must jump in and start promoting freeware. 

You have the RIGHT to produce such a piece of software as DXLab and provide it as FREEWARE, even if it is so antiquated in appearance and the programming platform, Visual Basic, is also antiquated.

You don't see the authors of FLDigi, DigiPan, MultiPSK, or other freeware or commercial offerings jumping into every single discussion about YOUR software, or anyone Else's.  Why don't take a lesson from those authors. 

STAY OUT.  Most of us are tired of hearing all your BS about DXLab and it just turns people away from your product because of your constant hammering on how great it is.

Gosh I thought I wrote the above post until I saw the KB3NPH call.  Wink Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Stan K9IUQ

Yes, people closely associated with paid applications routinely object to posts about DXLab. Big surprise.
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2014, 10:13:33 AM »

One point Dave - AA6YQ continually misses.  DX Labs is designed for and caters too those actively and strongly centric to DXing.  And those who enjoy this niche are very happy with DX Labs.

HRD However works for ALL aspects of Ham Radio.  Whether Satellites (DX Labs does not support Sats), DigiModes (DX Labs does have very limited integrated DigiMode support), rotor controls (DX Labs has a very rudimentary rotor interface), and a more basic and utilitarian appearance.  For those who are looking for that.  Great.  HRD provides many of the same functions DX Labs does, but does not dive deeply into the esoteric DXer functionality such as Beacon Monitoring and VOCAP prediction.

This is like HRD Logbook versus N1MM Logger.  N1MM is highly focused and centric to contesters.  HRD does contest logging.  Which is better depends on your needs.  Nothing is perfect.

HRD provides a fully integrated Digital Modes program (DM780), a fully integrated rotor control program with several 'point to turn' functions, and a program supporting a complete satellite station.  HRD logbook does worked station logging, electronis log up and downloads, DX Cluster displays, Solar Data, Voice recording, and many more features.  It is modular as you only start the programs necessary for your goals and desires.  Is highly customizable and has a modern software User Interface providing at a glance station status.  These are the functions used by the vast majority of amateurs use and need with casual station operation.  This is not to say you can't use HRD for full fledged contesting or DXing.  You can.  And very easily I may add.  And just as with DX Labs you can get the features not included with HRD as 3rd party apps.  If you need VOCAP path prediction, dowload that software and there you have it.

This makes DX Labs versus HRD arguments unnecessary and like chasing a greased pig at the county fair.

What does Gaul me is Dave's continual self promoting of his product without paying for advertisement space.  And given his financial mean - he can surely afford it!  I wish the moderators and owners of the forums board he does this on will see this and realize what the rest of us do.  Interestingly I never see Tom - N1MM start these 'My Logger is Better' discords like AA6YQ does!

No where in this thread have I asserted that DXLab is better than any other product; I simply responded to negative comments by other posters. In contrast, look at your post, feeble and inaccurate as it may be. DXing is a niche? Understanding propagation is esoteric? You're in shill mode.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 10:43:19 AM by AA6YQ » Logged
KB3NPH

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2014, 12:05:09 PM »

Dave, (AA6YQ), the things you do in these forums are no different than someone walking up in front of YOUR booth at a hamfest and passing out literature for N1MM Logger, HRD, or any other Ham Radio Software.  If that was done to you, I'm sure, you would throw a fit about it and do everything within your power to have that person banned from the premises.  Maybe that is what we should all do here.  Maybe we should complain more to the management of eHAM about your constant "butting in" on every discussion where the DXLab name is brought up.   

Evidently you have nothing better to do than monitor ALL the forums to see who is talking about you or your precious DXLab Suite behind your back.  It doesn't matter what the topic of the discussion is, if DXLab is mentioned, your there to start with your BS.

Dave, you are blowing it.  The reviews you so proudly pointed people to earlier show it.  127 reviews?  Really a very small number considering how GREAT you claim your software is.

Give it up Dave.  Those who want your software are going to download and use it without all your BS on here.  We don't want to hear it.  We're tired of hearing it.  It's getting to be a broken record.  Same stuff over and over, so, go back to your antique computer, fire up your copy of Windows ME, run your Visual Basic editor and just keep on pounding out code for that antiquated piece of software you offer, and STAY OUT of the discussions where you aren't wanted.

KB1NXE

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2014, 01:42:55 PM »

No where in this thread have I asserted that DXLab is better than any other product; I simply responded to negative comments by other posters. In contrast, look at your post, feeble and inaccurate as it may be. DXing is a niche? Understanding propagation is esoteric? You're in shill mode.

And No Where in my post did I say you did!  And as far as DXing being a niche - that is a subset of the whole of Ham Radio (it's not rag chewing, its not satellite work, its not EME or any of the other 'niches' within ham radio), I am correct. 

I did not say understanding propagation is esoteric.  I stated software like VOCAP and other propagation prediction software is.  Just what percentage of Hams out there do you think are using such software to determine when and where to call for a 'rare one'?  If you ask me it's a small percentage (but then I've only been licensed since 1976).  I know of no one in the club I belong who does.

So Dave, just who is in shill mode?  Just tell me what in my post was "feeble and inaccurate"?

Infact if you re-read what I wrote it's for the most part very balanced and honest.
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2014, 01:43:19 PM »

Dave, (AA6YQ), the things you do in these forums are no different than someone walking up in front of YOUR booth at a hamfest and passing out literature for N1MM Logger, HRD, or any other Ham Radio Software.  If that was done to you, I'm sure, you would throw a fit about it and do everything within your power to have that person banned from the premises.  Maybe that is what we should all do here.  Maybe we should complain more to the management of eHAM about your constant "butting in" on every discussion where the DXLab name is brought up.   

Evidently you have nothing better to do than monitor ALL the forums to see who is talking about you or your precious DXLab Suite behind your back.  It doesn't matter what the topic of the discussion is, if DXLab is mentioned, your there to start with your BS.

Dave, you are blowing it.  The reviews you so proudly pointed people to earlier show it.  127 reviews?  Really a very small number considering how GREAT you claim your software is.

Give it up Dave.  Those who want your software are going to download and use it without all your BS on here.  We don't want to hear it.  We're tired of hearing it.  It's getting to be a broken record.  Same stuff over and over, so, go back to your antique computer, fire up your copy of Windows ME, run your Visual Basic editor and just keep on pounding out code for that antiquated piece of software you offer, and STAY OUT of the discussions where you aren't wanted.

This is a public forum, not someone's rented booth space at a ham fest.

If someone posts about DXLab here, there is no reason for me to not respond. eHam has no objection to this, or any of my other posts; I've asked.

If DXLab is as you claim, then there would be no need for you and others to object to my posts. Prospects would take a look, determine that it doesn't meet their needs, and move on. Your actions are those of someone seeking to prevent users from learning of DXLab's capabilities. Your motivation is obvious.

By the way, your web page states that you use DXLab as a "backup logbook". You're free to continue using DXLab, if you're still doing so, but given your employer you should remove that statement from your web page. It's poor salesmanship.

K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2014, 01:54:25 PM »

Yes, people closely associated with paid applications routinely object to posts about DXLab. Big surprise.

Just because a Ham pays for modern Logger software does not automatically make him "Closely Associated".
It seems that the Authors of Paid Software do not feel any to need to continually spin the attributes of their own software on eham forums. Collecting $$ from their customers give them the only proof they need that their software is popular.

Logger Authors like N1MM, W4PC, Wa9PIE W6HN, N3FJP, WN4AZY and many others have the respect of ehamers. None of these programmers feel any need to stroke their Ego or flaunt their Logger like you persist on doing. HRD was easily the most popular logger of all time before going paid. Yet HB9DRV Simon NEVER felt the need to continually advertise his Logger and interject himself into every Logger discussion.

Free software is always popular and always will be. Hams are cheap. Because DXLabs is free, few hams will complain about the programs deficiencies - like the horrible and ugly UI. HRD is a wonderful example of this truth. Before it went paid, HRD was almost everyones favorite logger. Now it costs $100 and all of a sudden HRD ain't the love affair it once was.

You are Ignoring the real truth David. No one objects to discussions about DXLab. It is YOU and your constant BS broken record, we have heard it all before promoting and in your face blatant advertising - at every opportunity on eham forums that we object to.

Stan K9IUQ
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2014, 02:12:32 PM »

You are Ignoring the real truth David. No one objects to discussions about DXLab. It is YOU and your constant BS broken record, we have heard it all before promoting and in your face blatant advertising - at every opportunity on eham forums that we object to.

In response to a negative comment, "Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Here are some differing points of view" with a hyperlink to eHam reviews is not "blatant advertising". Everything that followed was prompted by your mean-spirited, nasty posts.
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2014, 02:25:23 PM »

your mean-spirited, nasty posts.

Your Definition of Mean Spirited and Nasty Posts = Any ham who has the audacity and balls to tell the truth about DXlabs and AA6YQ...

Stan K9IUQ
KB1NXE

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2014, 02:53:25 PM »

So Dave, just who is in shill mode?  Just tell me what in my post was "feeble and inaccurate"?

Dave I am still awaiting answers.  Or is your lack of one to be understood as you have none?
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2014, 02:55:49 PM »

your mean-spirited, nasty posts.
Your Definition of Mean Spirited and Nasty Posts = Any ham who has the audacity and balls to tell the truth about DXlabs and AA6YQ...
The post by KF7DS criticized DXLab's user interface without being either mean-spirited nor nasty. My response was simply to cite other points of view in eHam reviews. That of course woke up you and the rest of the self-appointed forum police...
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2014, 02:58:09 PM »

Dave I am still awaiting answers.  

Anyone following this thread can read your post and see exactly what you said. You destroyed your credibility (yet again) with "DXing is a niche". No further response is required.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 03:19:29 PM by AA6YQ » Logged
KB1NXE

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2014, 03:20:46 PM »

Dave I am still awaiting answers.  

Anyone following this thread can read your post and see exactly what you said. You destroyed your credibility (yet again) with "DXing is a niche". No further response is required.

Epic!
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2014, 04:03:36 PM »

Epic!

Predicable. David has been down this road so many times here on eham I could tell you exactly how he will reply to almost every post. Same old Same old. He used to be entertaining to debate  Wink but now AA6YQ is like watching an old movie for the umpteenth time.
Boring......

Stan K9IUQ
KB1NXE

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2014, 04:51:03 PM »

Stan,

Just so you have some facts about HRD - over 29,000 paid users.  A 78% support renewal rate.  We are now distributed from several of the US's top Ham equipment dealers (HRO, R&L to name two) as well as some of Europe's.  And there is more in the works.

So as you can see, going paid has not been too detrimental.  HRD also employs IIRC 13 Hams in its writing, support, and sales.  I personally work with the HRD team but am a non-paid volunteer doing Alpha and Beta testing as well as support calls.

So every time Dave tries to push DX Labs instead of HRD he is potentially taking food out of the mouths of fellow hams.  Typical of someone in the 1% bracket.  While this may not be legally wrong, it certainly is morally wrong.  He should hope he never crosses that line!
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: