The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Ham Radio Deluxe?  (Read 51086 times)
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2014, 05:37:08 PM »

Stan,
   Just so you have some facts about HRD - over 29,000 paid users.  A 78% support renewal rate.

WOW, that is a LOT of users and speaks volumes about HRD and it's users since HRD is not cheap.

Personally I like much about HRD but there is much that I find lacking. I have used LOGIC loggers since the early 1990's starting with Logic JR and finally ending up with Logic 8. Logic is a very versatile Logger and can do just about everything. Thru the years I have tried every logger Demo or free logger out there. A few years ago I started using Commcat, another very versatile logger. Unlike some  Wink programmers, Howard Nurse W6HN (CommCat Author) does not live in the past. He constantly modernizes Commcat, infact developed an Apple Commcat iPad App for a couple of years now. See Commcat website for the amazing things the Commcat ipad app can do... Howard ain't no spring chicken but he does not live in the past. Developing an iPad app to work with your desktop PC Logger and radio shows that W6HN is in the modern logger age.......

Check it out and ask yourself - what other logger can do this? 
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/commcat-mobile/id386497080?mt=8

I have the deepest respect for W6HN and his program. Howard is quite a ham, programmer and person. His Ham career is quite remarkable and interesting - when Howard was young his father was chief Honcho of Heathkit for a very long time.

I actually bought HRD 6.X last Fall, However it was lacking so many things that I had gotten used to in Logic 8 and Commcat that I was not satisfied with HRD as a full time logger at that time. HRD graciously refunded my $$$ even though I should have been more diligent in testing HRD in the 30 day trial period. In the future I plan on trying HRD again. It seems to be constantly improving and there may become a day when I will be a Happy HRD customer.

Stan K9IUQ
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2014, 06:00:46 PM »

So every time Dave tries to push DX Labs instead of HRD he is potentially taking food out of the mouths of fellow hams.  Typical of someone in the 1% bracket.  While this may not be legally wrong, it certainly is morally wrong. 

Pure BS. Anyone who decided to join HRD LLC knew full well that they would be competing with multiple free products, including DXLab. If they can't make it a going concern on its merits, they have no one to blame but themselves.
KM3K

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2014, 07:14:22 PM »

So every time Dave tries to push DX Labs instead of HRD he is potentially taking food out of the mouths of fellow hams. 
Typical of someone in the 1% bracket. 
While this may not be legally wrong, it certainly is morally wrong. 
He should hope he never crosses that line!
KB1NXE,
Hey, hey, man, work to get some rational perspective.
Maybe a slow walk around the block might of some help.
73 Jerry KM3K
WA9PIE

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2014, 08:20:57 PM »

So every time Dave tries to push DX Labs instead of HRD he is potentially taking food out of the mouths of fellow hams.  Typical of someone in the 1% bracket.  While this may not be legally wrong, it certainly is morally wrong. 

Pure BS. Anyone who decided to join HRD LLC knew full well that they would be competing with multiple free products, including DXLab. If they can't make it a going concern on its merits, they have no one to blame but themselves.

While I have very little time to respond to your baloney, Dave... I really feel compelled to spend as much time in your forums poking at your stuff as you do here.  Can you give me some links to some of your forums?

Mike
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2014, 08:45:25 PM »

So every time Dave tries to push DX Labs instead of HRD he is potentially taking food out of the mouths of fellow hams.  Typical of someone in the 1% bracket.  While this may not be legally wrong, it certainly is morally wrong.  

While I have very little time to respond to your baloney, Dave... I really feel compelled to spend as much time in your forums poking at your stuff as you do here.

This isn't "your forum", and I'm not "poking at your stuff"; I've responded to comments posted here about DXLab.

As to KB1NXE's ludicrous "taking food out of the mouths of fellow hams" accusation that you quoted above, W4PC asked me about DXLab's installed base and new user acquisition rate before HRD LLC was formed, and I responded with accurate information. I also made it clear that I would continue to aggressively extend DXLab, and would never make it a commercial product. So you should have fully understood the business situation before you purchased HRD and initiated operations.

Can you give me some links to some of your forums?

There's only one: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dxlab/conversations/messages

I've sent you an invitation to join. Note: personal attacks are not permitted.

Dave, AA6YQ
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:23:04 PM by AA6YQ » Logged
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2014, 01:53:14 AM »

Why does DXlab always find it's way into every HRD thread?

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: