The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is THE FCC wasting tax dollars on Amateur radio?  (Read 34059 times)
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 08:07:56 PM »

Reminds me of the guy on 75 cussing and swearing because he got a warning for cussing and swearing on 75. A classic case of someone so thick headed that they will never learn.

Enforcement for this example is what was really needed.

Does not matter what test you took...if you break the rules, you deserve what you get. Just like speeding, you stay in the speed limit, you will never get a speeding ticket. But if you speed and get caught, you deserve the ticket.

Happy being an Amateur Extra!
Nothing says CB on my printed license.
Ares/Races but no lights or crown vic.
K1DA

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2014, 06:54:06 AM »

Feedig time at the bridge.  I didn't know all "no codes" were "little".   Projection, perhaps.
K5UNX

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2014, 07:52:06 AM »

Being one of the no-code hams I'll say this . . I had no input into what the testing rules were when I took the exams to get my license. I studied, passed the exams and follow the rules like most people.

There are bad apples in every group of people. There are bad no-code hams . . . There are bad hams who know code and took their exams before they did away with code. I heard one the other day, cussing out someone new on 20M, not identifying according to the rules (10 minutes) but he let everyone know that he knew CW by-golly and wasn't one of "them idiot no code hams" . . .

Yea . . You got busted for not following the rules . . . Man up and live with YOUR decision to not ID yourself on the air.

G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2014, 08:07:39 AM »

It is worth remembering that nearly every radio administration in the world seems to be busy getting rid of as many experienced engineers as they can and replacing them with lawyers and economists. Some countries don't even appear to have any engineers to send to the ITU - they just send an administrator or lawyer, and that doesn't help when technical matters are to be discussed.
K1LEM

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 09:49:45 AM »

they can and replacing them with lawyers and economists. Some countries don't even appear to have any engineers to send to the ITU - they just send an administrator or lawyer, and that doesn't help when technical matters are to be discussed.

The point of this whole thread was to show how when you come to do something, maybe just a style of operation, that offends the conservative old wheelies (I call them mentally wheel chair bound), they immediately call out the pack wolves from Gettysburg to see what can be done to get their trivial pursuit frequency back.
Now, if in fact, ID was so important how did the FCC manage to without assistance, long distance my station. The issue here is station ID at ten minutes is way out over due for revision. Canadians have thirty minutes and I would guess many countries have no such requirement at all.

But, you law and order, anal fixates will still grunt, groan and keep up your pathetic HR conformity at any cost.
N0SYA

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2014, 10:01:45 AM »

W1IT- there are some iron rules in forum posting.

Most forum readers lack the ability to focus their attention
to read with understanding beyond one or two sentences.
Once you hit three, they become irritated at the need
to minimally think.  This inability/unwillingness forces them
to consider their vacuous existence for a moment. 
Thereafter, they will go one of three ways:

The 80% will make-up some smart-ass remark that
makes them feel better about themselves for a few seconds.

The next 5% will actually read your post, consider it and
make a reasoned reply.

The smartest 15% will realize that discussion is futile
and go do something else.

(I'm not in the smartest 15%, obviously)

And sadly that goes for any communication you care to make on any amateur frequency. Many non hams have heard the trivial pursuit conversations and wondered, " am I really dead, and a social misfit mamma's basement geek enough, old and dead enough or just dumb enough to want to talk with anybody I hear on HR. BTW- Young folks are no long in the ranks of HR operators. Ever wonder, why ?

We have you and beeping and static, they have Justine Beaver and Lady Gagme.
Wich would you prefer?

If you have a clumsy child, you make them wear a helmet. If you have death prone children, you keep a few clones of them in your lab.
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2014, 12:05:50 PM »

....hams are limited personalities...
As proven by your original post.  Smiley

If you truly believe this, you would not expect any meaningful discussion.

Return to you muddy spot under the bridge!!!

b.
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2014, 12:33:07 PM »

Move to Canada.

It is also obvious we are only hearing one side of a very long story with some history.
N2HBX

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2014, 12:55:54 PM »

Seems to me that if he was really that pi$$ed, he'd turn in his license and go away. No such luck, I suppose...

Larry, N2HBX
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2014, 04:35:58 AM »

Seems to me that if he was really that pi$$ed, he'd turn in his license and go away. No such luck, I suppose...

Larry, N2HBX

Nah, just an excuse to feel sorry for himself. Everyone hand him a tissue.

Happy being an Amateur Extra!
Nothing says CB on my printed license.
Ares/Races but no lights or crown vic.
WA2ISE

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2014, 01:00:38 PM »

The smartest 15% will realize that discussion is futile
and go do something else.

(I'm not in the smartest 15%, obviously)

Looks like I'm not as well  Grin

From what I've heard, the FCC likes amateur radio, as we require less attention than most all other radio services.  That most (not all, as witness 14.313) of us behave ourselves on the air. And some hams do step up during regional emergencies when the infrastructure cell phones and such depend on go down, like in earthquakes and hurricanes. 
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2014, 02:01:24 PM »

> the FCC likes amateur radio, as we require less attention than most all other radio services.<

This could be that the amateur services cost less in legal costs than the other services who can afford lots of expensive Washington lawyers....
K2GWK

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2014, 05:50:05 AM »

What W1IT does not realize is that Amateur Radio, just like driving an automobile is a privilege. It is a privilege that can be taken away at any time or an operator can be fined for violating the rules of the privilege. There is nothing in the constitution that says that we are granted the use of our beloved band space. As in driving an automobile there are rules that are to be adhered to. Those who decide to ignore the rules get a ticket or in the Amateur Radio realm pay a fine. It is as simple as that. If someone does not like the rules of the privilege they are always free not to participate. I find it quite sad that an adult would whine because they were caught breaking the rules. They may not like the rules but like it or not they were caught and must pay the consequences. The adult and mature thing to do is to man up, do your diligence and if they wish to participate further, operate within the rules. To whine on a public forum is to simply embarrass ones self.

Guy
Lawn Guyland, New York

K2GWK Website
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2014, 07:31:29 AM »

Just another thread seemingly in the W8JX mindset.
K1LEM

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2014, 10:41:54 AM »

Just another thread seemingly in the W8JX mindset.

If JX is a thinker than bless his toes.. they have more brains than most here.
You have missed the entire point.
 Of course, without being a full history and so on, you can be forgiven.

My advise: Do-Not try to be different, and by all means do not stick your ass up in the air on same frequency for any extended time.
Years ago a friend and my self who were simply rag chewing on 40 caught a Mister Floyd (The barber} Floyd also was an OO. He sent us both a notice of unacceptable language for one utterance of the dread F word and mine was the dread MF word. He never spelled them out for fear of the wrath from the Almighty.

Now, he said I said MF. Be honest I don't cuss much. Then he said I have one hour of your QSO recorded. And my signal in NC was given a 33. Now that some hearing to pick out one MF in one hour from a 33 signal. That's as dumb as it gets.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: